It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Bases in the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Not sure if this has been covered here before, but I came across this excellent website about Secret government/military bases in the UK. The website has a lot of detailed pictures like the one below of the Burlington Bunker at RAF Rudloe Manor. Also discusses 'secret' junctions turning off from motorways and their possible uses. Very interesting it even tells you where MI5 get their cars serviced haha

www.secret-bases.co.uk

a good site , fair ammount of information on it

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Interesting stuff, heres some more information on what goes on at the Bunker now.

www.thebunker.net...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hello stumason.

Some regiment's in your list no longer exist and were disbanded long ago.

1 Signal Regt
11 EOD Regt RLC
11 Security Coy
12 Int & Security Sec
13/18 Royal Hussars
Depot Intelligence Corps
Intelligence Corps
JSIW
Royal Fusiliers

On a further note that place was closed and sold as someone mentioned in another post on this thread

However just because it was sold/closed ? Does not mean it's no longer up and running and providing some other function to someone.

Even if that is the euro-STAR!

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 8-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
hi guys, i stumbled on this topic because i was wanting to find out information about a place near my auntie's, she once told me 'it was a place for if we were attacked' but the main entrance was plastered with the police signage so i was intrigued.
The thing is this, the location of this place is in Ashdown Forest and when i finally found it on google earth it looks strange, there is even an approach road going down into what could be a bunker.
I'll try to get a picture up of the map but for the time being if you search on googlemaps for poundgate, south of royal tonbridge. Then look north west to the B2026 it is there just before the Y junction of the B2026 and B2188.
Let me know what you think

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hi Anonymous,

You are correct, the site is a bunker! It was used originally to broadcast radio over Europe during WWII, locally known as Aspidastra. The bunker then became an RGHQ during the cold war, with a total refit of the existing bunker. It is now used by the police as an evidence store and training centre.

Subrrit Website - www.subbrit.org.uk...

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
another bunker is the so called "secret bunker" in Fife, Scotland most of it is open to the public now but the last time I was there, there was still part of it out of bounds and still used by the MoD.

It was built during the cold war as a bunker for the government and military officials to run the UK. It is underground and the entrance is hidden inside a farm house. It has a chapel, a BBC radio station, 6 dormitories and in the event of a nuclear attack the staff would not even be able to have showers as uncontaminated water would have been very rare.

www.secretbunker.co.uk...

hope this helps you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join