It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning Storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I was just curious if anyone else noticed the increase in lightning storms, it seems that every rain period we had here(Central Canada) was accompanied by high voltage from the sky like I have never seen before, it has been so impressive I have been trying to capture it on camera.
I am just curious if it is like this elsewhere this year?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yes, I'm down south and although we typically have pretty big boomers (storms) every summer, there seems to be a awful lot of lightning this year.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Where I live we have not had more then a few drops of rain and alittle lightening and no snow in the past 9 months now... the forcast for this month is, sunny sunny sunny. We are in a drought right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here in SE Michigan, we've had fewer electrical storms than in years past.
And, so far this month, VERY little rain.

I'm willing to bet that the weather you are seeing, the weather elsewhere in the US and Canada and the lack of hurricanes are somehow related.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Here in NE Iowa we have had a real surge in high intensity thunderstorms. And yes with lots of lightning. I have attributed the phenomenon partly due to the extremely humid weather this summer.
Do you think there is another reason, or are you just asking?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We haven't got much lightning here as of the last few weeks but when we did it was intense like I jnever seen before I even recorded it with my digi.

I was just curious to know if it is like this elsewhere in North America?

Becuause it is not normal to have such intense lightning here especially in the city.

new topics

top topics

join