It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Building Near Where I live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Would it be paranoid to wonder why there is a building .3 miles long and .12 miles wide just sitting there with armed guards on the outskirts of my hometown of Brownsville, TX? The building is also located only 1 mile from a major railroad station the US Customs agency uses to inspect railcars from Mexico. The structure was built 4 to 5 years ago as a "tire factory" and closed within 6 months for financial reasons and has been sitting there ever since. The guards are everpresent and once and a while you will see a car or two in the parking lot. GPS coordinates are 25 59'40.75"N and 97 28'49.65"W.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Could it be a bonded warehouse for customs?

See if you can get some ground level pictures fo the facility.

Also, check and see who owns the property. In my country this can easily be done online and you can also check the property tax assesments on the parcel.

[edit on 6/18/07 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The bonded warehouses for Customs is located nearby and the property is owned by the city of Brownsville the hurricane fence and the barbed wire above it has been recently redone.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If you can find an address put it in this website and you can search for property information. This is the Cameron County Auditor site:

www.cameroncad.org...

My bet is Customs related too given what others have said but who knows.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It isn't a bonded warehouse because there are no bonded warehouses for railways in the area. The bonded warehouses that are present are strictly for Tractor Trailer use and NONE of them are of this size. If this thing is a bonded warehouse then the odd thing about it is that there are hardly any trucks coming in and out of it MAYBE 1 a month. I know this since I drive past it at least 2 times a day around noon and 9pm. The customs checkpoint is just a railyard about a mile long and 5 rail lines wide with a small dock that has a x-ray machine and a substation for the agents. Plus it does not have a visible name/address so sorry if i'm a chicken and don't go up and ask the guard thats holding a rifle. Well gtg i'll be back in a few hours for more discussion (class)

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
question, what are the armed guards wearing, (uniform wise) surely that should help you find out what agency they are with

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Black BDU's but you hardly ever see them the land is flat and the grass is kept extremely short so from a small guard shack you can see the entire property. I've seen a single guard emerge from the shack wearing black BDU's with a rifle on a sling while approaching a vehicle that was at the entrance.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Guards are mostly like there to protect the Company's building, protect material in the building that was left behind, and/or protect machinery left in the building.

The company as far as i know used to make tires for civilian use along with tires for military uses which could also be a reason for the armed guards.

If the factory has military tires in it from previous production then it might be bad if people broke in and started stealing them.

I looked at it on GoogleEarth and noticed semi-trucks...so it may be possible that the company is still using it as a drop off-pick up point for shipments within the company or shipping out what product were left in the factory to those who ordered them.

But my bet is that the guards are there for the machinery and left over tires. (probably military)

[edit on 18/6/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
forgive my insolence - but

you state that few trucks / vehicles visit the site - how do you know this ? do you have the area under constant surveilence ?

just because few trucks visit it when you are standing outside - does not neseseraly mean that few visit at all - unlesss you are camped on thier doorstep 24/7

nextly - a picture paints 100 words - do you have any images / video footage of the site ? if not - can you get some ?

lastl - follow the advice on record hunting - it will be a start

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
hmm this isinteresting.....maybe you should ask the gaurds imean there definitely not gonna shoot you in broad daylight espescially if they dont want attention brought to the building..what do you think it is?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texxx
If this thing is a bonded warehouse then the odd thing about it is that there are hardly any trucks coming in and out of it MAYBE 1 a month. I know this since I drive past it at least 2 times a day around noon and 9pm.

So you drive by this 2 times a day at the same times (apprx) and don't see any trucks, therefore there can't be any trucks going in and out of there?

I didn't know that trucks delivered / picked up only at 12 noon and 9pm, I wonder what they do during the other hours of the day...

sorry for the sarcasm, but this is another example of someone who will not take any advice we offer and will continue to demand that "something" is going on at this building, it's "top seceret" and we need to do something about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....interesting, hey Texxx so I see your from Brown town, I'm a local too but down here in McAllen. I think I might have to go and pay this warehouse a visit and see whats up. Anything else you can share bout this?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There might be a remote chance that a drug operation is running out of the warehouse, I've heard of warehouses being used to store drugs in the past.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texxx
Would it be paranoid to wonder why there is a building .3 miles long and .12 miles wide just sitting there with armed guards on the outskirts of my hometown of Brownsville, TX? The building is also located only 1 mile from a major railroad station the US Customs agency uses to inspect railcars from Mexico. The structure was built 4 to 5 years ago as a "tire factory" and closed within 6 months for financial reasons and has been sitting there ever since. The guards are everpresent and once and a while you will see a car or two in the parking lot. GPS coordinates are 25 59'40.75"N and 97 28'49.65"W.

Could this have something to do with this building of yours? From google Earth I noticed that the streets being talked about are located next to this building. Maybe you can do a follow up at city hall with these Ordinance Numbers.

www.ci.brownsville.tx.us...

10. Public Hearing on FIRST READING of Ordinance Number 235-2002-057: to
rezone, from Dwelling/retail “X” classification (DRX) to General Retail “X”
classification (4CX), Lot 5 of Block 3 of Wymore Estates, located near
Paredes Line Road and Dennett Road.
Consideration and action on FIRST READING of Ordinance
Number 235-2002-057: to rezone, from Dwelling/retail “X”
classification (DRX) to General Retail “X” classification (4CX), Lot
5 of Block 3 of Wymore Estates, located near Paredes Line Road
and Dennett Road. (Ben Medina – Planning)
Agenda Sept 03, 2002 - Page 4 of 5

11. Public Hearing on FIRST READING of Ordinance Number 235-2002-057-S:
to allow a Medium Industrial specific use (bulk storage of construction
material) in a General Retail use District, for Lot 5 of block 3 of Wymore
Estates, located near Paredes Line Road and Dennett Road.
Consideration and action on FIRST READING of Ordinance
Number 235-2002-057-S: to allow a Medium Industrial specific use
(bulk storage of construction material) in a General Retail use
District, for Lot 5 of block 3 of Wymore Estates, located near
Paredes Line Road and Dennett Road. (Ben Medina – Planning)

And I also found this:
www.ci.brownsville.tx.us...

f) Consideration and action on SECOND AND FINAL READING of: to rezone, from Dwelling/retail “X”
classification (DRX) to General Retail “X” classification (4CX), Lot 5 of
Block 3 of Wymore Estates, located near Paredes Line Road and Dennett
Road. (Ben Medina – Planning)
Agenda Sept 17, 2002 - Page 3 of 10

g) Consideration and action on SECOND AND FINAL READING of to allow a Medium Industrial specific
use (bulk storage of construction material) in a General Retail use District,
for Lot 5 of block 3 of Wymore Estates, located near Paredes Line Road
and Dennett Road. (Ben Medina – Planning)

I could be totally wrong but this is what I came up after a search in google.

top topics

join