It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Rodriguez Banned From Speaking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
News broke today that 911 hero William Rodriguez has been banned from speaking in a hotel in England.

The report by Mick Meaney highlights a real travisty, and one which has tempted me to call the hotel in question but did not get any new answers. They just repeated what was written in the report, like they were reading from a script.

This has really wound me up, how can they treat such a brave man like this?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sorry this post should have been in the other thread]

[edit on 16/6/07 by realyweely]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by realyweely
So what interest to the UK is a survivor of 11/9, other then seeing sosmeone who was actually in the tower?

What could he actualy add to the row going on in the USA?.

If the hotel suspect there is going to be a protest or problems, it has every right to cancel any booking.

Sorry but I really dont see the need for anyone from 11/9 to be speaking in the UK, apart from which, he wasnt 'banned' the entire meeting was cancelled.

Well, first of all, as a free and independent person William Rodriguez can go wherever he pleases. And people are free to go hear him talk about his experience if they desire.

Secondly, why shouldn't he be talking in the UK?

The UK, apart from the US, is the country most involved in the so called War on Terror. I think it's very pertinent that he's talking (or trying to) there.

9/11 touched everyone in every country in the whole world, in some way or another, not just in the USA.

So, I'm sorry if I really don't understand where you're coming from with that "there is no point in talking about 9/11 outside the USA" mentality.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There is a Willie Rodriquez thread ongoing here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
There is a Willie Rodriquez thread ongoing here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's not even the same subject.

All you are doing is bashing the guy.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Well, first of all, as a free and independent person William Rodriguez can go wherever he pleases. And people are free to go hear him talk about his experience if they desire.

I wholeheartedly agree, and any Hotel can cancel a reservation for the hire of its facilities if they think it is not in their best interest

Secondly, why shouldn't he be talking in the UK?
The UK, apart from the US, is the country most involved in the so called War on Terror. I think it's very pertinent that he's talking (or trying to) there..

So hes talking about the 'war on terror' or 11/9 conspiracy theories?

9/11 touched everyone in every country in the whole world, in some way or another, not just in the USA..

Im afraid 11/9 didnt 'touch' me. It was inevitable that, someday, somewhere in the US someone was going to do something. Same thing in the UK
It was tragic, it was a terrible waste of many peoples lives, but I dont see you posting about the terrible loss of life in Darfur or Afghanistan or Baghdad which I find equally if not more tragic..

So, I'm sorry if I really don't understand where you're coming from with that "there is no point in talking about 9/11 outside the USA" mentality.

I dont know what he is speaking about so I cant really comment but if he is going to further the 11/9 conspiracy theories then Im afraid he is wasting his time. The majority of people in the UK simply arent interested in the WTC conspiracy stuff. We have sufficient problems here in the UK to start worrying about US internal politics.
If there were sufficient interest then he would be speaking at The Royal Albert Hall, and not The Bull, Peterborough

link   
Bashing? Anything I wrote about the guy a lie? Please point out ANYTHING that I have written that is false.

SR

link   
Think about it for a minute though.

If you had a reservation at a restaurant and turned up and told you could not eat there anymore or the reservation was void sure you'd be peeved but as long as you got your refund you could logistically go eat somewhere else sure you shouldn't have to but at the end of the day the restaurant is the one who loses your custom and money. I wouldn't be claiming that my right to freedom of speech was broke just because i couldn't eat at the restaurant.

Sure that's a simple and basic analogy but honestly i think too many people are trying to read too much into the situation. A complaint was made and the board of the hotel reacted with what they thought was the best option for them to follow. Sure the guy will be unhappy and the people attending will be even more so but there is nothing stopping the event being relocated i'm sure the hotel could if it is a professional establishment help source and secure another venue.

That's the thing people often tend to forget..Have the hotel offered such help and also refunded any payments made..if so then what is the actual real problem? Stranger things happen everyday it's just an unfortunate mishap.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
Bashing? Anything I wrote about the guy a lie? Please point out ANYTHING that I have written that is false.

Well,

You come in a thread and tell the OP that there is a on going discussing in your thread but in reality it's not even the same subject.

Your thread and this thread aren't even the same... don't act like this is a copy of your thread....

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok.. i stand corrected.... that doesnt change that fact the Willie is a liar.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by realyweely
So hes talking about the 'war on terror' or 11/9 conspiracy theories?

I'm sure he was going to talk about 9/11, but the two are obviously connected.

Or are you denying that 9/11 was the catalyzing event for the "War on Terror"?

new topics

top topics

join