It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do CIA Aircraft uaually land in AREA 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, the topic title is the question itself....

Does the CIA or CIA aircraft normally visit AREA 51?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The only non-military planes that I'm aware of that land in Area 51 are the Janet flights. They're 737-200s and Beech King Airs that fly from Las Vegas, and other areas, and take employees of Area 51 to and from work every day. I've never heard of any non-military aircraft other than those landing there.

As for CIA aircraft, they don't really keep a list of planes, or have them marked as "CIA". You have to find a plane that you are suspicious of, and dig into the history and registration. It's rather time consuming as they are known for using shell companies to hide their planes behind. It can take a long time, and there's usually very little evidence to find.

[edit on 6/12/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well, Only if they are Top Secret! While open to debate, I believe the CIA probably keeps a fleet of spy planes at Groom Lake. Remember, the CIA is the agency that origionally built Area 51 in 1955 to test the U-2 spyplane. Later they expanded it as a test and operations base of the A-12 Blackbird fleet operations in the 1960's. Based on that, it is reasonable to assume that they might still have a spy plane or two that call Groom Lake home.

Tim

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Here is a tid bit of info on the CIA that may just pertain to the question at hand. Not a huge file by any means, but detailed enough.

CIA Secret Detention Facilities

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I know John Lear used to fly planes for the CIA back in the day...he might have some insight on this topic. He's also been to Groom before, and like I said, probably has some useful information.

He used to have a page on Wikipedia all about him, but mysteriously it's disappeared. Odd...

top topics

join