It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Called Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In this eye-opening documentary viewers will discover how the most respected researchers from all over the world explode the doom and gloom of global warming.

Google Video Link

Add this to the ranks of "Great Global Warming Swindle" and Exposed The Climate Of Fear . Al Gore's An Inconvenient Disinfo is looking weaker and weaker.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ok here's a key piece of the data used in this film:

Being presented by one Jorgen Steffensen:

From the 2003 GRIP Greenland Ice Study.
www.ns.purchase.edu...

I was unable to find that chart however. That's ripped from the video. Start about around the 5:00 marker.

Jorgen then goes on to explain that the "Hockey Stick" is bs; at about the 9:00 mark:

EDIT: I'm not sure if Jorgen is the one presenting those 2 graphs, but right before that he explains that when humans began meteorology about 100 years ago it was the coldest point in the past 10,000 years.

Can anyone refute this?

Here's what th film calls "the IPCC Hockey Stick":

If Steffensen's data is correct, that's a serious contradiction with IPCC! The film then shows the hockey stick creator and says his data from from tree core data:

en.wikipedia.org...
[edit on 13-6-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Alrigiht so here's NASA's old page on GRIP:
web.archive.org...://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/icecore/greenland/summit/document/
Of course they took it down and the final report isn't available.

Here's the wikipedia entry on GRIP:
en.wikipedia.org...

All of the links in it are bad, except I found my way to the ESF's page using google advanced search:
www.esf.org... n-life-earth-and-environmental-sciences/greenland-icecore-project-grip/more-information.html

It then links to their documents offsite, which that page is down.
Archive.org took care of that, but it only goes up to 1997 with the reports:
web.archive.org...://www.nerc-bas.ac.uk/public/icd/grip/griplist.html

Steffensen's chart is rather elusive.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Am I the only one who believes global warming could be somewhat natural. Now correct me if I'm wrong, I believe I heard news of Mars also heating up. Is that true? I am also reading (currently) about how global warming could have something to do with a Polar Shift.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
OK, I'll give a critique of this stuff, as I do actually think you are open-minded enough to assess this stuff on its merits.

The first ice core data, that's cool. It shows that it was quite warm in greenland during the MWP. What about elsewhere?

Then we see the old Lamb (1991) data, this was the only reconstruction available all those years ago. It supposedly used data from one single area - central england, no real indication of what proxies are used. So, we have two regional proxies saying it was pretty warm. But what about elsewhere?

This is what the modern data shows. The multi-proxy reconstructions use data from around the northern hemisphere. So, these reconstructions give an idea of climate over large spatial expanse. A bit larger than just greenland and central england. So, we have numerous high resolution multi-proxy reconstructions from many researchers, from IPCC 4AR:

So, what this guy is doing is cherrypicking data, just like most of these dudes. What about other ice-core data? Lonnie Thompson has 6 ice core proxies from two quite distinct areas - Tibetan Plateau and the Andes:

As is clear, these multi-proxy reconstructions generally say the same thing, recent warming is likely greater than for 1000 years. So, Steffenson is just cherrypicking, the Greenland data tells us it was warm in greenland, nothing more.

I think the last graph also contains the future projections of climate models for a particular scenario.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest
I believe I heard news of Mars also heating up. Is that true?

Yes, Mars is warming up, but that is do to a process that does not and can not happen on Earth.

The Martian warming is caused by dust storms kicking up the top soil, which exposes
dark rock to the sun, which normally would'nt be, and absorbs much more heat than normal,
the heat than later dissipates into the atmosphere, causing more dust storms that
are even more intense, which in turn kicks up more soil and exposes more of the dark rock,
eventually this leads to a planetary storm.

new topics

top topics

join