It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds For Sale !!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

CLOUDS FOR SALE !!!!!!!!

www.bloggingstocks.com

As for the farmers? They don't have nearly enough money to buy clouds for their own purposes, and are left as the unintended victims of cloud seeding. If the rain falls mainly on Beijing -- there won't be any left for the rice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All caps title only.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Now this is an interesting story to say the least. Especially since the last couple years we have been experiencing some serious storms here in the U.S.

Storms that have reached upto 350 miles inland here in Texas. Which is absolutely craziness by anyones measurement. And here China comes 2 years later with a "WEATHER MODIFICATION" device ... Hmmm .... Very interesting ... How much could you change the weather with such a device and how much would it change INDIRECTLY ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Does anyone even have a clue ?

www.bloggingstocks.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i think they've been doing this in Colorado at ski resorts for a while, of course it could have just been rumors. But i was told they had to pay a fine, but it was more like a fee. The resorts that could afford to did.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Does anyone even have a clue ?

There is a weather modification association

VISION: "Free exchange of accurate information regarding the efficacy, safety, methodology and cost-effectiveness of weather modification activities.”
MISSION: "Enabling persons, political entities, and other organizations to make informed decisions about the application of weather modification technologies, to provide for adequate water supplies, and reduced natural weather hazards.”

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Cloud seeding regularly takes place in the USA - numerous firms do it.

www.nawcinc.com...

It's also big (and controversial) business in Australia

www.abc.net.au...

www.thesun.co.uk...

But how effective it all really is is a matter of debate. Obviously the firms selling the process will claim results which some might argue could have been pure coincidence.

And then of course, as per the Chinese story, there's the issue of whether making it rain here means less rain there etc.

Playing god ain;t easy - especially when it comes to the weather!

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder how many test that they have ran on Cloud Seeding ??

If they were running tests ... How would we be informed if it did produce some other type of Weather that affects us way the heck over on the other side of the world ??

This CLOUD SEEDING had to be Tested .... HOW WAS IT TESTED WHEN ??? where ?? What were the effects or other weather going on in and around this ????

Let's say you made it rain everywhere but a particular spot ... that spot would be a very Wealthy investment would it not ????

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wish I could find the link, but I heard that China is planning cloud seeding and weather modification during the 2008 Olympics so the weather was perfect during the games.

I'll do some looking and see if I can find the reference.
If anyone else recalls the story, please post it.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is very interesting and I have googled it a couple differnt ways but I have not found anything on it yet .... Stil searching ... Has anyone heard anything about ... The certain kind of Jet Sreams .... that emit certain chemicals in the air .. I believe that they are called Chemtrails ...

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I wish I could find the link, but I heard that China is planning cloud seeding and weather modification during the 2008 Olympics so the weather was perfect during the games.

I'll do some looking and see if I can find the reference.
If anyone else recalls the story, please post it.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
CHINA

Cloud seeding to be used to prevent rainfall

By Tom Ramstack
The Washington Times

WASHINGTON -- China's plan to keep the skies sunny and clear during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing shows how far weather modification has come, climatologists say.

If a storm approaches the city, the Chinese said they would seed the clouds with silver iodide to force rainfall, cleansing the air and ensuring spectators and athletes stay dry.

mod edit to include a snippet.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Has anyone heard anything about ... The certain kind of Jet Sreams .... that emit certain chemicals in the air .. I believe that they are called Chemtrails ...

Chemtrails!! you gotto be a bit carefull with that one here on ATS dude!!

There are lots of ideas - a lot of them less than substuanted.

There are at least two meathods where chemtrails can be used for weather modification - the old Silver iodide / also dry ice the idea is that superchilled water (below freezing but still in liquid form) can precipiate with the silver idiode, then freeze.

The other interesting way is for a fleet of aircraft to release black carbon in a long strip (like 50 miles or something) in a certain point in a storms path. The black carbon will then absorb heat from the sun, raising the local temprature of the atmosphere slightly - the hope is the course of the storm can be altered.

Thing is no one can prove they made any difference at all!! The storm could of just do what is was going to do anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hmmm ... This is an interesting Concept .... We basically try and change things by the knowledge that we have ... Yet, the knowledge that we have fails us daily on predicting at the precise moment the storm is going to appear of what not. Hmmmmmmmmmm .... Kinda sounds like the BLIND LEADING THE BLIND ... It's ok ... we can just use the Process of ELIMINATION right ???? Or at least untill we ELIMINATE all that is good here .... or even ourselves hopefully NOT !!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm sure that I read somewhere, that years ago - back in the USSR - before the big red day parades (a few days before I think) they would fill the air with concreate dust which would then soak up all of those pesky water molecules, that could be hangin about waiting to rain on said parade.

Then they would wash the streets with nice clean water, which also helped it look good on film. And then one and two and three and four - goose step, goose step, stomp, stomp, stomp.

I'm not sure that thoses details are correct, but the concrete dust just started screaming at me from the back of my brain.

Monkey

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
HAHAH ... Seriously that is WILD ... What if any does this WEATHER EFFECT around the WORLD ??? Is there a CAUSE and EFFECT relationship with the WEATHER ??????????

new topics

top topics

join