It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Police Officers Follow UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

He radioed officers Greg Hedrick and Randy Hoover, who also saw it.

All three say they watched the object move out of the northwest, drift toward a church steeple, then shoot straight back north without a sound.

The encounter happened at about 2:30 p.m. and lasted less than a minute.

As police officers are considered professional observers, I am guessing they did not think they were chasing a kite or a weather balloon. It is interesting to note however, that the author compares the object to a balloon, and also that it has been nearly 2 weeks since the encounter until it has been reported.

www.14wfie.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have a friend who works for the airlines and he says they see crazy stuff in the sky often, they dont report it because those who do get the "are you crazy" treatment. Besides it is more paper work for for everyone if a UFO is reported.
This UFO the police officers were chasing from the story doesnt seem like it is of ET origin. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Another police witnessed UFO sighting. Shame this one was so short as I would have loved for one of the cops to have taken a picture.

Apparently this UFO was amorphous and changed shape. I don't think any government agency could create such advanced technology, nor could I imagine them flying something so amazing over a civilian area in broad daylight. Whatever it was, I doubt it was man-made.

Another, and perhaps even better police reported UFO sighting happened four years ago in Illinois. It was a large black triangle. Fairly common sight regarding UFO shapes, but the reports were by very credible witnesses.

dbarkertv.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
14wfie, the tv station link you gave, is from the city (Evansville, In.) I live in. The funny thing is that they never said a thing about that story on their news show.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Hyperspace]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I read this article too - since I live in Indiana and have been to Huntington. I found it extremely odd that they were the only 3 people who reportedly saw the UFO. Huntington's the kind of place where everyone knows what's going on... plus, it's flat, the UFO reportedly was quite obvious over the town, and a lot of people would've seen such a thing in broad daylight.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
At 2:30pm on a work day such as this sighting, you aren't going to have too many people outside looking up at the sky except for cops who are out on patrol. A sighting that lasts just a minute isn't going to attract many eyes either. There is also the very effective government denial of UFOs that makes many people simply apathetic to report on something that will ultimately go nowhere regarding investigation. Why bother reporting on something when absolutely nobody will do anything about it?

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I kinda retract my post from above. This report is finally making bigger news TODAY though, so maybe others will come forward.

I personally look at the skies all the time - and no, not to look for UFO's (i've never seen one and don't think I will unless an invasion or something happens
). There's a lot of air traffic (airlines, military, &$@%! news choppers, etc) around my area, and i watch it regularly. So you're probably right - normal people in main street usa, far from major highways, etc, could easily miss a 1 minute anomily in the air.

We'll see if anyone else comes forward in the area...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The police officers who chased the ufo didnt say anything earlier because they were afraid that people would think they were crazy. Now they are wondering if anyone else saw the same object they did...

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace
14wfie is from the city (Evansville, In.) I live in.

I live in Evansville as well. I don't recall hearing about it on TV either, but I do remember reading a blurb in the paper about it...

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Man I have always wanted to see a bonified UFO, too bad i'd crap my pants lol We had a "ufo sighting" in our town, but it was just the doped moron police officers that ate some bad brownies that were offered to them when they crashed a party lol

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Cindy Klepper, the newspaper�s city editor, wrote a follow-up to the original story after three investigators from the Mutual UFO Network came to town. They discounted one suggested explanation, that what the officers saw was a �Hoverdisc,� a table-sized toy that is filled with helium and set adrift.

�It�s not a balloon of any kind,� MUFON representative Roger Sugden told Klepper. �Whichever way the wind was blowing, it wouldn�t have stopped, tumbled and moved off.�

I dont know about it being the next Roswell, but I am convinced the officers saw something other worldly...

www.post-trib.com...

join