It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA residents told to cut showers as drought deepens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is a story you would expect to hear from somewhere else in the world.But it comes from California.Im not a scientist,so I dont know if this a normal cycle or "global warming".It dosent sound good though.

(YahooNews)-LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Los Angeles residents were urged on Wednesday to take shorter showers, reduce lawn sprinklers and stop throwing trash in toilets in a bid to cut water usage by 10 percent in the driest year on record.
It is the driest year since rainfall records began 130 years ago.

news.yahoo.com...

Full story here
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
For the past three years I have been telling loggers to do three things...

1= your children should learn Spanish

2= you children should learn Chinese

3= buy water stocks

"The trash dumps of today will be the gold mines of tomorrow"... Ponce

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ci Senoir, Fu Man Chu
You want to buy some water?

But seriously I see massive flooding, recordsetting drought, heatwaves, polar caps and glaciers melting...
I am fortunate to live where I do....
It kinda smooth here, no earthquakes, no floods, no hurricanes, hardly a tornado ever, yeah I feel very fortuante.
And I live beside the St Lawerance river...I have tons of water.
For a price

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have been away from Calif for 20 years, but I spent 20 years of my life there. Drought, flood, fires, and other natural events come in cycles. A drought is nothing new for the majority of California which happens to be a desert area. Much of LA and the surrounding area, and the agricultural areas of California are a desert (dependant on imported water), which means it really does not rain that much

In the 60's and 70's, when I was a kid, we had droughts. Think about how the population has increased, but the water supply has remained basically the same, and you will have your answer as to whether this is just a cycle or part of the great global warming lie and scam.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
L.A.'s problem is they built the nation's second largest city in the middle of a desert.

L.A. has a perennial drought. Even in the best years there is not enough water to meet all of the city's needs, so they continually steal it from the rest of the state.

Signs in our local restrooms say "Flush Twice. L.A. needs the water."

new topics

top topics

join