It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put Option Trading "Innocuous?"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Jest heard that there was an unusually high volume of put options this week. do not have all of the info yet , but one company that had major spikes was the second largest Pharmaceutical Company in the world, GlaxoSmithKline. They went from apox. 4500 to 52000 this week. I don't know whats up but I know something is up. I heard some stock expert on tv monday talking about how the stock market has not been the way it's been this month since late 1928-early 1929. I don't know alot about the stock market so if anyone has info about whats been going on, I for one would like to know. One thing I do know the government won't let anyone know somethings up untill its to late.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul3
Jest heard that there was an unusually high volume of put options this week. do not have all of the info yet , but one company that had major spikes was the second largest Pharmaceutical Company in the world, GlaxoSmithKline. They went from apox. 4500 to 52000 this week. I don't know whats up but I know something is up. I heard some stock expert on tv monday talking about how the stock market has not been the way it's been this month since late 1928-early 1929. I don't know alot about the stock market so if anyone has info about whats been going on, I for one would like to know. One thing I do know the government won't let anyone know somethings up untill its to late.

There could be any number of benign explanations for this. Maybe a large hedge fund or mutual fund owns a lot of the stock, and they are hedging their long position by purchasing puts to protect themselves over the holiday weekend.

And for as long as I've been in the business, some expert is *always* making doomsday predictions about how the market is like it was in 1929.

<< 1  2   >>

join