It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture Anomalies - Photoshoppers Opinions needed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I found the link on Coast to Coast.

The pics are more than interesting; there are objects contained in the photos that I've never seen the likes of.

Is it possible to capture things unseen to the naked eye solely by using equipment like cameras, infrared vision etc?

Or... are these pics doctored for sensational purposes only?

Photo Anomalies 2007

All are welcome to provide their opinions.

Photoshoppers, has there been any 'tampering' with these oddities?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Those photos look to me like a long exposure with a light source waved in front of the lens, and then the scene was fully illuminated with a seperate flash unit which then also show the people like a normal photograph, frozen in an instant.
If you try to do something like that during the day then it will over-expose the film/CCD. So it just happens the pics could only be taken at night?

Also, the shots of the UFO's are most likely fake, just ask any air-show photographer. A camera will automatically calulate the correct expouse by measuring the amount of light coming in through the lens at various pre-defined metering points. So if you point the camera up at the sky to photograph a plane, then the camera is going to adjust the exposure so that the sky is the proper colour and brightness, not the plane that takes up only 5% of the frame. You can get around this by altering the exposure compensation values, which can result in an over-exposed (bright white) sky, or you can use 'spot-metering' mode, which tells the camera to only measure the amount of light coming through the exact middle of the picture, so then all you have to do is place the aircraft exactly in the middle of the frame, and it will expose correctly.
As you can see in the first UFO picture, the underside of the disk is well exposed, i.e. you can see details, while at the bottom of the frame the mountains are completely black! Hmm . . .

The photographs of the 'objects not seen with naked eye' seem real, going by the sun rays and reflections. But they look like newspapers, so who am I to judge?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i dont think there anything more than a lens with dirt or water spots on it.
send them a cleaning cloth and see what happens.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I saw this earlier on another site.... I really wish people would stop creating "unexplained" pictures .. it only serves to discredit the actual researchers and events that do take place. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
to me the photos do not hold anything special they can all be made by hand without photoshop if you have a camara that can have long exposure and just hanging objects in front of it while not having the autozoom eabled. some of the photos on the site you linked do look like they were photoshopped. the one with the cloud and swirl can be done using a smudge brush with some filters applied to it. honestly speaking to me thos photos d not hold anything special

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yeah I can see them being fake. I know one of the pictures it looks like a camera strap or some kind of a computer power supply cable accessory. I can't remember the name but they are on most power supplies now.

top topics

join