It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NAAWP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I was actually surprised when I came across this. It got me to thinking about threads in this forum asking "why don't we have a WET," or "why don't we have a White History Month?" Well, there IS a National Association for the Advancement of White People. Well, that's how it got started, but the "W" was changed from "white" to "working" in 2005, apparently. Hey, don't ask me...

The NAAWP

Sounds like an oxymoron to me. Especially when you consider that the group is more focused on taking away from other groups than advancing their own. Like their opposition to the sovereignty movement in Hawaii or to affirmative action. But, I guess you could say that attacking other groups CAN be a means of advancing your own group...

The official slogan is "Equal Rights For All — Special Privileges For None." Hey, I can dig that. Let's see what the founder of the NAAWP, David Duke, has to add...

“We Aryans are those of European descent who are racially conscious and who have committed our lives to our people’s survival and evolutionary advancement. We shall do our duty. We shall not surrender our freedom and our very existence to Jewish or any other power. We shall preserve our heritage and our hard-won rights and freedoms. We shall guide our people up the evolutionary stairway to the stars.”
—My Awakening, p. 469 (1998)

Well, he was doing pretty well for a minute. I'm no Aryan, but I can feel that. Not sure what happened with the Jewish thing, though...

Well, Mr. Duke, can you elaborate on the goal of the organization?

“Our clear goal must be the advancement of the white race and separation of the white and black races. This goal must include freeing of the American media and government from subservient Jewish interests.”—“Klan Code of Conduct,” Duke Speaks Out, a column in the Crusader (newspaper of the KKKK, then led by David Duke), November 1978

Hmm, that seems familiar, the separation thing. And again something about Jews. Ok...I'm getting a bit confused. What exactly do y'all want?

"What we really want to do is to be left alone. We don't want Negroes around. We don't need Negroes around. We're not asking –– you know, we don't want to have them, you know, for our culture. We simply want our own country and our own society. That's in no way exploitive at all. We want our own society, our own nation...." –-Duke interview with doctoral student Evelyn Rich, who traveled around the country with Duke while conducting research for her dissertation on the KKK, March 1985

Uhhh...there are still Negroes?
Fair enough...why don't you want "Negroes" around?

“White people don't need a law against rape, but if you fill this room up with your normal black bucks, you would, because 'n-word's are basically primitive animals.”—The Sun (Wichita, Kan.), April 23, 1975

Wow. That's quite a strong statement there, Duke. Any other reasons you preach separation?

"...Immigration along with nonwhite birthrates will make white people a minority totally vulnerable to the political, social, and economic will of blacks, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Orientals. A social upheaval is now beginning to occur that will be the funeral dirge of the America we love. I shudder to contemplate the future under nonwhite occupation; rapes, murders, robberies multiplied a hundred fold, illiteracy such as in Haiti, medicine such as in Mexico, and tyranny such as in Togoland." —NAAWP News, Issue no. 24, signed article by David Duke, April 1983

So, you don't want to be a minority? But you think everyone else likes minority status...strange. But, to be fair, you are far from alone in this idea. But anyway, I want to come back to the Jews. You mentioned Jews a number of times already. Anything else on Jews?

"These Jews who run things, who are producing this mental illness –– teenage suicide...all these Jewish sicknesses...that's nothing new. The Talmud's full of things like sex with boys and girls."
––Evelyn Rich interview, March 1985

I see...anything else?

"Did you ever notice how many survivors they have? Did you ever notice that? Everybody — every time you turn around, 15,000 survivors meet here; 400 survivors convention there. I mean, did you ever notice? Nazis sure were inefficient, weren't they? Boy, boy, boy!...You almost have no survivors that ever say they saw a gas chamber or saw the workings of a gas chamber.... they'll say these preposterous stories that anybody can check out to be a lie, an absolute lie."
––Evelyn Rich interview, March 1985

Alrighty then.

So, the NAAWP is about white separation from everyone else, which will advance the white race. And, blacks and Jews seem to be the biggest obstacles to white advancement, from what I get from that.

So, there's the NAAWP in a nutshell. Maybe they can work to get a WET or a White History Month...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
NAACP or NAAWP, they both are racist orginizations. I don't see the difference.

I'm sure I could go tit for tat, on statements by NAACP leaders that would be just as offensive as Dukes. So I'll leave it by just saying both organizations are racist.

You asked about there still being Negros? Well the liberal LA Times seems to think so. They called Obama "Barack the Magic Negro", but I guess it's only racist if David Duke calls them that? What about being called "Colored", wouldn't that be considered racist? Yet that is what the "C" in NAACP stands for?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I CHALLENGE you to find something W.E.B. DuBois said that is on par with David Duke's comments. Oh yeah, you said you won't do so.

NAACP is racist, lol. I don't believe the org sets out to tear down other races. They have quite the history of using the legal system to effect civil rights changes in America. I THINK that's a bit different than fighting against people who want some measure of self-government in their own land (Hawaii sovereignty movement).

But you're conservative, so...

(and I'm NOT a liberal; I don't buy into the paradigm)

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't know if he still is, but David Duke was at one time a very high level KKK member. Which explains a few things.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
yeah, i'm going to have to agree with seeka, comparing dubois to duke is just stupid. hell, you just outright call the naacp racist without any real backing too.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Truth, do you have a few links to this text that you've copied?

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Jesus effing Christ, chissler.

Am I just a damn liar now? I thought quotes spoke for themselves. Whatever.

www.adl.org...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Jesus effing Christ, chissler.

Am I just a damn liar now? I thought quotes spoke for themselves. Whatever.

Your poor attitude in every thread really disappoints me. I was merely asking for a link so I could read up on this and maybe even post a thought or two. If you feel that I was doubting the credibility of your material, than I do apologize. But my intentions here were to merely read the same material that you have.

When copying/pasting material to ATS, it is best to provide a link. You failed to do so. How am I, or anyone else, going to read this if we don't have a link?

But, if these little tirades towards myself and others serves your ego, than I am happy that your happy.

Either way, thank you for the link and I'll be sure to follow up with some thoughts.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Don't play dumb.

You've been insinuating that I'm a liar since the Pork Soda thread. With NO evidence, btw. So, when you come at me like that again, what am I supposed to think? But yeah, you just wanted to "read up on it."

Like I said, quotes speak for themselves. Hell, the quotes even have Duke and where they were found after them. Every single one.

If my attitude disappoints you, GOOD. You disappointed me as well. But I ain't trippin'; it is what it is.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't see the need for the hostility truthseeka. Chissler and I get along pretty well... if he had much of a problem with you I suspect it would have come up. I'm not saying he's your best buddy either- that's between you guys, but I wouldn't assume that just because somebody examines a point of yours with reasonable skepticism that they are out to get you.

Now here's the thing. I was reading with interest till I saw the name David Duke. Then I was like, oh, that explains it, time to move on.

Comparing civil rights groups David Duke's little temper-tantrum movements is ludicrous to the point of disingenuity. He represents an outdated view that is firmly in the minority and that would be pathetic if only it weren't so disgusting

Measuring his NAAWP against the NAACP or similar organizations in order to argue the merits of the civil rights movement is akin to comparing the Flat Earth Society to NASA in a debate over the precision of our scientific understanding.

Demonstrating a strong point against a straw man only cheapens the strong point. I don't see the point of such a comparrison, except as a means of making a mockery of more mature and nuanced opposing postions.

new topics

top topics

join