It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two headed cat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Apparently a one in a million phenomenon, and more common from reptiles, snakes, lizards etc.

The second head has no bottom jaw or tongue, i couldnt hear whether the second head is "alive" or not.
Is it?

Video.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
i remember watching an episode of bodyshock (UK documentary series, also called mindshock depending on the subject of the episode) that followed the story of a russian girl, i think her name was manu, who was born with a siamese twin.
the twin was just a head, with a small portion of deformed chest, and no limbs. the doctors eventually had to remove the twin to save manu's life (with no organs of it's own it was using manu's body to survive. the strain was too much, and she had two heart attacks.), but the program dealt with the tricky subject of awareness within the twin.
it slept at different times to manu, it cried (or tried to, without vocal cords), it smiled when played with or tickled... as far as manu's mother was concerned, she was her own person.
in alot of animal cases, the brain itself is sometimes split, or a second, useless brain is grown in the other head. in these cases, the head is still very much a part of the one creature as it gets it's instructions, character and motor skills from the brain proper.
it looks to me as thought this cat's embryo began to split too late in the gestation period. it would have become two cats had it split earlier. it's rare, but not particularly important to cryptozoology.
(and that cat is so cute! i want one lol who's got a labratory!)

[edit on 5/14/2007 by Batty]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow, it reminds me of Spider Jerusalem's cat! I hope the owner has alot of russian cigarettes.

Seriously, this is quite interesting. I've pics of dead kittens born with two heads, but never one that was alive, let alone grown up. What really gets me is that the owner mentions that it's a trained therapy cat!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I believe there has been a more extreme case of Siamesism here in America but both twins are functional and have survived with relatively minimal medical intervention for some time now. I'll try to get back to you with that link.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow it sure looked like it loved it's lovins... Can't wait to show the kids this one!

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
it seems that the brain didn't begin to split at all, which would count for it surviving - it's usually a deformed brain split that causes the death of two-headed animals at birth. with this cat, the embryo only partially split, and it was late enough to only affect a small portion of it's body.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
WTF!? That doesn't look anythign like a two-headed cat. It's just a cat making a jacked-up face.

join