It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. man sees 'the beast' Canada bigfoot sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

CRANBROOK, B.C. — A Cranbrook resident says he was just beginning his early-morning shift as a sand truck/snowplow driver for a highways maintenance contractor when he saw what he now calls “the beast.”
www.edmontonsun.com...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Interesting. I'm pretty sure Bigfoot (or sasquatch, or whatever you would like to call it) exists, and this sounds like a pretty good claim. Of course, stories like this ARE harder to debunk than, say, a video.
I can't think of anything that sounds too fishy about this story, so who knows, it might be true. However, I'm still just a little skeptical. I believe he's out there; I just wonder if maybe this truck driver isn't just trying to get in the news.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can't see any advantage to getting in the news by siting Bigfoot.

Any reporter who interviews you is going to put a slant on the story that makes you look like some yokle who's been into the moonshine just a bit too much or that you're not playing with a full deck.

Personally, if I encountered something that was way out of the ordinary I'd be reluctant to involve the media.

I work for a living and I wouldn't want people thinking that I was WACKO.

Imagine the redicule that you can set yourself up for when you go public with a siting. So, I would tend to believe that he saw something.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
A stride of 1.8 metres? That's almost 6 feet or slightly over. I'm 6'4 with long legs, and my stride doesn't even come close. That's one tall critter, around 7 1/2 to 8 feet would be my uneducated guess. Lawsy, that's a big missing link.

Sounds like a fairly standard bigfoot encounter. The seer can't quite believe what he or she just saw, and by the time they turn around for the second take, it's gone.

Cool though.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Any reporter who interviews you is going to put a slant on the story that makes you look like some yokle who's been into the moonshine just a bit too much or that you're not playing with a full deck.
\

I see your point. So, maybe it wouldn't have been such a good idea... this is slowly starting to look more and more plausible all the time.
If he DID see something, though, I wouldn't be all that surprised. I feel that Bigfoot definately exists, and that there are people who have actually seen it, so the chances of him seeing Bigfoot aren't that small.
I happen to live in a small little town in NorthWestern Ontario (NWO...
), in Canada, completely surrounded by woods. There have been several sightings around the area, so I'm pretty sure it exists (although I haven't seen it myself).

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

\

I see your point. So, maybe it wouldn't have been such a good idea... this is slowly starting to look more and more plausible all the time.
If he DID see something, though, I wouldn't be all that surprised. I feel that Bigfoot definately exists, and that there are people who have actually seen it, so the chances of him seeing Bigfoot aren't that small.
I happen to live in a small little town in NorthWestern Ontario (NWO...
), in Canada, completely surrounded by woods. There have been several sightings around the area, so I'm pretty sure it exists (although I haven't seen it myself).

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

join