It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Default Judgment in Excess of $50,000 For Injury Sustained Holding Open The Door Of A Pizza Hut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Default judgment in excess of $50,000 For Injury Sustained Holding Open The Door Of A Pizza Hut

www.stclairrecord.com

Edwardsville attorney Amanda Verett wants a judge to enter a default judgment in excess of $50,000 against a man she opened the door for at Pizza Hut because he failed to answer her lawsuit within 30 days.

Verett filed a civil suit in March alleging she was injured while holding the door open for customers at the Edwardsville restaurant.

She claims she was walking out the door of Pizza Hut on Feb. 12, when she held open the door to allow herself and co-defendant Clarence Jackson to exit.

Last week Verett's attorney, Tom Maag of Edwardsville, filed the motion for default judgment alleging Jackson was served on March 8, and failed to answer the complaint in 30 days as allowed by Illinois law. Judge Nicholas Byron presides over the case.

Verett alleges Jackson grabbed the door she was holding open in such a fashion that it caused the door to suddenly and sharply move which injured her.

She claims Jackson violated his duty to use ordinary care for the safety of others when he operated the Pizza Hut door which caused her to sustain an acromion process impingement in her right shoulder.

Verett claims that due to the injury she suffered at Pizza Hut, she was unable to avoid falling on a later date and tore tendons and suffered injuries to her left hand and wrist, including a partial tear of the pronator quadratus muscle at the dorsum.

She claims her injuries caused her to suffer a disfigurement, severe pain and discomfort and medical expenses.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
can the lawsuit's get any more retarded or sillier in America ?

www.stclairrecord.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ummmmm modes i have made a boo boo and missed out a d in the title and i cant seem to edit the post. so posibly can one you guys add a "D" in front of the title

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
OMFG!

This is almost beyond belief. Really please tell me this is someone having a giraffe. I can smell the bull coming out of this woman's mouth all the way over in Hong Kong.

NCS No Common Sence

Why on earth would you do something like that. I can almost understand why people are getting ruder and ruder to other people.

Don't touch them, don't talk to them, do not aknowledge their exsistance and then they will have no reason to sue you!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, Americans are continuing to impress me. We are just the smartest nation in the world aren't we?

I can't believe she would file suit over this, reminds me of the McDonalds coffee spill lawsuit.

Complete crap.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nashthegreat
ummmmm modes i have made a boo boo and missed out a d in the title and i cant seem to edit the post. so posibly can one you guys add a "D" in front of the title

You should talk to her lawyer to see if you can get a good part of her settlement because in reporting such an abuse of the judical system with a frivalous lawsuit you were unable to fully depress the "D" key and the resulting typo caused you mental anguish and suffering as you were unable to edit and correct the error.

Should be worth about 20-25K, which would be about what her lawyer would leave her out of the 50K settlement. But I do ask that you take me out for a Stuffed Crust Meat-Lovers, that Pizza Hut from the article will do.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i`ll wait for the counter suit that she shut the door on this guy causing him head injuries and that her own` injuries` are self sustained

should be worth 100K

then pizza hut sues both of them for 200k for damage to its property caused by the domestic incident - opening the door for yet more cases against the pair of them for harrasment.

should be worth a couple of mil

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You should talk to her lawyer to see if you can get a good part of her settlement because in reporting such an abuse of the judical system with a frivalous lawsuit you were unable to fully depress the "D" key and the resulting typo caused you mental anguish and suffering as you were unable to edit and correct the error.

Should be worth about 20-25K, which would be about what her lawyer would leave her out of the 50K settlement. But I do ask that you take me out for a Stuffed Crust Meat-Lovers, that Pizza Hut from the article will do.

lol good idea know any good lawyers ?
ps: thanks mods for correcting the booboo

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder also, how the medical industry and phama can get away with protections against frivolous law suits thanks to our government but regular American can not.

The women damaged more than just her hand, she damaged her brain.

But. . ."In American everything is possible"

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
AHAHahahahahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is just too funny I am sorry. Man people sure are creative these days. They should be using this creativity for something useful instead of thieving like scumbags.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
LOL

It keeps getting better and better everyday.

Really.

new topics

top topics

join