It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11 Truth is going Mainstream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What happens when the fringe becomes the majority?

Contrary to the popularly held belief that anyone who charges that the government had any direct responsibility for the 9/11 attacks should immediately be dismissed as a "conspiracy-theory kook," more and more well-educated, "normal" people--teachers, engineers, computer scientists--are becoming part of the movement.
Source
Wouldn't it be weird to be part of mainstream opinion?
Someday ATS is going to need to open a new forum for the fringe nuts who used to be the mainstream and believe Tower 7 fell because the towers next door got hit.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I fervently hope this is true, but I'm reminded of Max Planck's somewhat deadpan remark that new ideas in science are accepted mainly because adherents of outdated ideas eventually die off. In his view people rarely change their minds by force of reason. That's why people like Rosie O'Donell and Charlie Sheen are so important, so called "moulders" of public opinion. Without them we will never get justice in our lifetimes for the victims of 911.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It appears that a lot of psychiatrists are saying that people who fully the believe the offical story are in denial and that these people are out of touch in reality. Now I can't confirm the validity of the source since it is coming from a 9-11 Truth site. But here is the article from www.calgary911truth.org
Will it become so mainstream that the mass will reject the official story, I certainly hope so.

Psychiatrists and Psychologists: Government's 9/11 Story is Crazy
Should people who question the government's version of the events of 9/11 have their heads examined?

Well, the following psychiatrists and psychologists have concluded that the official version of 9/11 is false. Moreover, many of these mental health experts have concluded that the government's account is so obviously false that people who believe the government's version are in psychological denial:

Psychiatrist Carol S. Wolman, MD

Psychiatrist E. Martin Schotz

Professor of Psychology at University of New Hampshire William Woodward

Professor of Psychology at University of Essex Philip Cozzolino

Professor of Psychology at Goddard College Catherine Lowther

Professor Emeritus of Psychology at California Institute of Integral Studies Ralph Metzner

Professor of Psychology at Rhodes University Mike Earl-Taylor

Retired Professor of Psychology at Oxford University Graham Harris

Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Nebraska and licensed Psychologist Ronald Feintech

Ph.D. Clinical Neuropsychologist Richard Welser

Clinical psychologist, Ed.D., Harvard University Gwendolyn Atwood,

Psychology researcher, M.A., Psychology Victoria Ashley

Psychotherapist, M.S. Clinical Psychology, Greg Henricks

M.S. in educational psychology, Roy Holcombe

M.A. in Counseling Psychology Tova Gabrielle

There are literally thousands of other mental health professionals who have reached the same conclusions. So who is out of touch with reality: those who question 9/11 or those who believe the government's version without question?

Will it become so mainstream that the mass will reject the official story, I certainly hope so.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
even if the government had no involvement whatsoever with 9/11, I believe we have a right to question our own government and this should be mainstream and taken very seriously. Sure the government can protect us from external threats, but can it protect us from itself?

I feel it is worth it to make this into a serious mainstream topic even if we find out solid proof that the government is not lying. Because then we will at least know for sure. And if we find proof that the government is lying? Then that will also be 'good' in a way in that we will need to start making some changes to benefit the people and refine the way our government works to prevent this from happening again.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
I feel it is worth it to make this into a serious mainstream topic even if we find out solid proof that the government is not lying.

I think most CTers want the TRUTH, not to "win"...

If the truth is that the gov. is not involved... GREAT. Sadly, the available evidence does not support that conclusion.

top topics

join