It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested for "Suspected Terrorist Activity"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Student Arrested for "Suspected Terrorist Activity"

www.1pstart.com

A Chinese student has been arrested in Texas, charged with “Suspected Terrorist Activity”. This student was apprehended after parents discovered that he had used plans of his High School in the creation of a map for an online first person shooter. The authorities were notified after parents learned of the map from their children, who had downloaded it off of the internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fortbendnow.com

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ok apart from that a student was arrested on "Suspected Terrorist Activity” for creating a map for FPS from plans of his highschool this quote is utterly unbelievable

.They arrested him,. Chen said of FBISD police, .and also went to the house to search.. The Lin family consented to the search, and a hammer was found in the boy.s room, which he used to fix his bed, because it wasn.t in good shape, Chen said. He indicated police seized the hammer as a potential weapon.

i mean they should seize any sharp objects in this boys room too as that is also a potential weapon sheesh what is the world coming to

www.1pstart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've thought about modelling many familiar surroundings to fps games many times. Like the school where I live now would be a great place for many scenarios. Amazing that someone would think this to be in any way linked to terrorism.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is just retarded. They actually confiscated the hammer. Unfrickenbelievable.

Now cue the "There has to be more to this story," apologies from the so-called "Law and Order" types around here.

SR

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It sounds stupid but at the same time i'm not surprised in this day and age when you can get locked up for talking to the 'wrong' people and owning book's from 'certain' countries because they are deemed acts off terrorism or conspiracy to commit terrorism.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It amazes me that with the Virginia Tech shootings a few weeks in the past that anyone could question this person's arrest. It just goes to show assinine mentality that is previlant today. I have heard countless people say that nothing was done proactively to stop Cho from shooting up VT, yet when the authorities do act proactively you whine about it. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There is no real way to be proactive about things like this, the cops made an obvious mistake, they took the hammer out of shame really. In the real world, when someone snaps and goes off the deep end, authorities statisticly will not catch someone BEFORE they commit a crime. That is why only a small number of these events happen. There are 300 million people in america... statisticly some will go crazy, and a portion of those will do it violently. Deal with it. And stop bothering kids who may make the next "Doom" or "Halflife" but got scared when they tried using some familiar reference from his environment and were arrested for DOING NOTHING!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
According to the USA Patriot Act, we're all potentially domestic terrorists. If they're not able to keep up some sort of quota for using this means, they'll eventually lose it.

I used to play Quake III online. There were "mods" you could download where you could build an arena to your liking. So if I used that mod to build up an arena, of which the "Boss" would have been located at the local high school, I would be plotting terrorism?

How lame.

new topics

top topics

join