It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govts remain hush on US/UK facilities - why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why hasnt the government explained the truth whats going on at the american and UK based facilities?

Why do they think we cannot cope with it?

Do they think that if we came into contact with an alien it may trigger a memory spree or somthing? Making us remember

Admin edit: Changed subject to something more identifiable of content.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by SimonGray]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
basically it's none of our business...

Area 51 - top secret aircraft development and research... no one needs to know about it...

as far as other "bases"... IDK.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Uhm, because they're classified? They're under no obligation to explain everything they're doing, and in fact it makes more sense NOT to tell everything you're doing, so that the people you may end up fighting don't know all your tricks and equipment.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You might want to specify which "facilities" you're discussing...

As for those ultra-secret / secure facilities, here's a ground-breaking, reality-shattering idea. In fact, it's so radical that I don't expect anyone to actually believe it, but I feel that it should be considered. Could it be that those classified areas are being used for exactly what The Gub'mint says they're used for? Things like weapons testing, airframe development, and weapon practice?

Wait..that's too absurd for words, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Perhaps this will explain:

The War of the Worlds (1898), by H. G. Wells, is an early science fiction novella which describes an invasion of England by aliens from Mars. It is one of the earliest and best-known depictions of an alien invasion of Earth, and has influenced many others, as well as spanning several films and a television series based on the story. When it was broadcast on the radio, it caused a public panic because it was in such a realistic style that people thought that it was a news broadcast describing current real events of a real alien invasion.

Source

It it scattered throughout ufo lore that many government "officials" supposedly think the public would panic in this manner again.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
To be honest I'm more scared of what is being developed in those secret facilities than Iran taunting with nuclear weapons. Spoken in other words... the states scare me more than Iran since it would seem that the states neurotic necessity to continue development of "secret" armaments is posing no real protection of the world or a promise that everything is gonna be ok "as long as we can have our toolshed for ourselves" *gaaah*

I think that if the states wants to come out of this situation where it poses a thread to world security the people of the states should reclaim control of it. Isn't it supposed to go "of - by - for" "the people" and not "the government"?

If you get enough signatures from people can't you force your congress to force the military to disclose all activity in those facilities merely by the idea that a continued secrecy poses a greater thread to your national security than a disclosure does?

top topics

join