It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is an American?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Baseballs biggest problem is it last for ever and a day..

Part of the good of football is the start/stop. You need to time to refresh you drinks, and flip the burgers.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Baseballs biggest problem is it last for ever and a day..

Part of the good of football is the start/stop. You need to time to refresh you drinks, and flip the burgers.

In this country, the women do that while the men shout at the TV

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I really do believe the U.S. is a mix of cultures and a melting pot of races.

My own family has already extended to african-americans, european-americans, asian-americans and middle-eastern-american through many of my cousins' and siblings' marriages. I now have an extended family all over the world. All of our future children in my family will be a mix of nationalities which is pretty neat. I think it will be great for evolution since we'll be expaning gene pools. Maybe that's why tiger woods is so good at what he does... he calls himself cablanaisian - he must have the best genes from many different cultures.

And I'm seeing people who are part native american mixed with non-native american blood. It will be an interesting future for america.

Technically, the U.S. doesn't even have an official language. English appears to be the standard, but I'm seeing a big rise in the spanish language.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here they smack us around and drama our days.

You nappy head Ho get me a beer would not go over.

just ask Imus.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Here they smack us around and drama our days.

You nappy head Ho get me a beer would not go over.

just ask Imus.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Royal76]

Well that's where you're going wrong

"Would you mind passing me a beer whilst I attend to our guests, darling" gets you much more....

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Being an American means different things to each of us. For me it means having the freedom to live as I chose providing I don't infringe on anyone else's rights. I can work, live and worship as I please. I don't have to worry about the government forcing me follow a certain way of life. However, I have a responsibility to ensure that I keep these rights by watching the government and ensuring that it continues to serve we the people. This is accomplished by voting, being politically active even if that activity only consists of attending town meetings or writing letters.

I've been able to visit and live in different countries and I've enjoyed it very much but I'm always glad to come home and thankful for the blessings that we enjoy. It's true that we have our warts and there are many things that need to be improved but I firmly believe that we have the best of all possible ways of life. Of course, I also understand that you may disagree on my last statement; indeed I expect you to. We all love our homes even with their warts.

I have to add soccer rules football sucks

[edit on 26-4-2007 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes

I've been able to visit and live in different countries and I've enjoyed it very much but I'm always glad to come home and thankful for the blessings that we enjoy. It's true that we have our warts and there are many things that need to be improved but I firmly believe that we have the best of all possible ways of life. Of course, I also understand that you may disagree on my last statement; indeed I expect you to. We all love our homes even with their warts.

I have to add soccer rules football sucks

[edit on 26-4-2007 by gallopinghordes]

During my time on ATS, I've come to understand the US viewpoint a little more - I don't always agree with it, naturally.
How do you think the US copes with adversity?

I ask because of the events over the last few days in the UK.
People here just seem to get on with things - I wonder if the US is the same?

BTW - soccer is a US word, since the modern game of "Football" was invented, by the english in about 1863.
I don't even understand how US football can be called by it's name - the ball hardly ever meets the foot!

on another note - how can you have "world series" baseball, when the only teams are from the US???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join