It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cosmic awerness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
the term of this topic I got it from another ufo forum site.

I would like your opinion as that person wants anwser on the same question but because of several people here from all over the planet and the other only got replies from dutch and belgium repliers. I want to ask the same ....

What about learning our kids watching sky wards to get a cosmic awerness and learn that there is more than our life here and what about making astronomy a cource at school just like lessons in religion and mathematics.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What about banding together, raising money, building giant ships and heading off to deep space?

Being human does not mean being confined to this planet.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well, the marvelous thing about being a parent, is that you don't have to just rely on school to teach your kids. You too, can decide what lessons they learn, away from school....
Personally, I have quite a few ideas about what I'm going to teach my kid, in addition to what they learn in school.

School isn't the end-all be-all of education for children...it's just a beginning. Life lessons, are equally as important, if not moreso....
If you want your child to learn about something.....teach them yourself!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   

School isn't the end-all be-all of education for children...it's just a beginning. Life lessons, are equally as important, if not moreso....
If you want your child to learn about something.....teach them yourself!

Amen! Now that my son is in school, I find myself more and more determined to make sure he learns more than just what a school board comprised of rich old guys deems worthy of being taught.

I look back with disgust at how I never thought to question the "holy writ" handed down by the teachers. I look at a history textbook now and am shocked by the glaring omissions on almost every page.

And back to the topic, I try to teach my son to keep an open mind, although he is only 6 years old. He asks questions and sometimes my answers conflict with what he has been taught. Until he is older and fully able to make up his own mind, all I can do is provide him with the tools to know that there are many, many places to learn from, not just what he learns at school.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
What about learning our kids watching sky wards to get a cosmic awerness and learn that there is more than our life here and what about making astrology a cource at school just like lessons in religion and mathematics.

I really hope you meant to write astronomy there. That's really worth it in my opinion to be taught at school. Astrology isn't even worth being called a science. The idea that far away celestial bodies affect our lives and character so much is just absurd.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The idea that far away celestial bodies affect our lives and character so much is just absurd.

Really? I'll bet that many women would disagree at least once a month.....
Or a police officer, in regards to full moons and crime correlation.....
As high and mighty as we like to think of our thought processes, we are still chemical computers, and those chemicals can be influenced, and/or out of balance by fluctuations of gravitic bodies...and sometimes "crash".

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
What about learning our kids watching sky wards to get a cosmic awerness and learn that there is more than our life here and what about making astrology a cource at school just like lessons in religion and mathematics.

~~XX~
religion...as a required course...maybe in Belgium, not in USA....Your suggestion would fall moreso into an ELECTIVE STUDY or advanced education- - like Philosophy,, rather than basic elementary school studies. i do agree that some 'change' is in order.
~~XX~

I really hope you meant to write astronomy there. That's really worth it in my opinion to be taught at school. Astrology isn't even worth being called a science. The idea that far away celestial bodies affect our lives and character so much is just absurd.

~~??~~ (far off influences->life->non-starter)????
I was amazed when i found out that CHAOS & RANDOMNESS, springing forth from Quantum Fluctuations, affected the minute energies->affecting the sub-atomic particles->causing 'frameworks' to manifest as atomic particles->grouping into massive structures called atoms->causing nuclear forces to bind these atoms into molecules->elements->and then many more interludes/changes etc. to produce a living cell-> & all sorts of life forms, on earth & beyond...

Astrology is a pseudo-science, in a branch of metaphysics...and most surely should not be taught to everyone (but should be made available to anyone)

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I was amazed that when I was a kid...all dinosaurs were slow and gray. We know so much more now. When I was a kid, there was one complete T-rex skeleton. Now there is like 3 or 4.

So, makes you see...even what is learned can be way off base.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As high and mighty as we like to think of our thought processes, we are still chemical computers, and those chemicals can be influenced, and/or out of balance by fluctuations of gravitic bodies...and sometimes "crash".

But astrology says the influence of for example Jupiter or a very very far away star in some constellation is just as large as the influence of the sun and moon. The sun and the moon are respectively more massive and closer, which means they should have more influence.
Astrology also says you're influenced according to under which sign of the zodiac and therefore in what part of the year you're born. The 'fluctuations of gravitic bodies' have effect now and should influence people in the same way. Does it really matter what part the year you were born in 40 years for the celestial bodies that affect you?

join