It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Aliens and apples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Listen to the braying of the moronic jackass at the beginning. Reminds me when sen. Reid said the english language was racist. Does anyone really buy this load?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lou Dobbs always tells it the way it is. You see,these people at the "council meeting" or whatever it was are a perfect example of many Americans attitude towards this whole issue. Dobbs said it right when he siad Bush, Kennedy and McCain are panderiing to big corporate America.

They aren't concerned about the welfare of our nation. The only thing they are concerned about is who is going to line their pockets with gold. It's really pathetic, but a day of reckoning is coming. Unfortunately, those who tried to warn everyone will have to pay right along with those who refused to listen.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I hate it when people say Americans won't do such and such job. Like when the camera panned to the man driving the backhoe. The problem is not that Americans won't do the jobs, it is that Americans expect to be paid what the job is worth and they would like some benefits to go along with it. Companies can just pay the Mexicans under the table and make out like fat cats.

Companies say crap like well what would an apple cost? What they mean to say is WE CANNOT ACCEPT LOWER PROFITS AND IN ORDER TO MAKE THE MAXIMUM PROFITS WE WILL HAVE TO RAISE THE PRICE OF APPLES BECAUSE WE CANNOT BEAR TO MAKE NORMAL BUSINESS PROFITS.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I hate it when people say Americans won't do such and such job. Like when the camera panned to the man driving the backhoe. The problem is not that Americans won't do the jobs, it is that Americans expect to be paid what the job is worth and they would like some benefits to go along with it. Companies can just pay the Mexicans under the table and make out like fat cats.

Companies say crap like well what would an apple cost? What they mean to say is WE CANNOT ACCEPT LOWER PROFITS AND IN ORDER TO MAKE THE MAXIMUM PROFITS WE WILL HAVE TO RAISE THE PRICE OF APPLES BECAUSE WE CANNOT BEAR TO MAKE NORMAL BUSINESS PROFITS.

I am going ti disagree with you on that one. There are people in America today who refuse to take any job, because they think it is beneath them. I know it because I have had to pass up hiring people as they did not feel that they had to do something like clean a restroom. I know one person, instead of taking a job at the local McDonalds, even temporarily, stated flat out he refused to flip a burger. So when you have a shortage of personnel willing to take the jobs then what do you do as am employer in the service industry? And yes, most businesses, are out to make a profit. It is just the ones who are doing shady business dealings that are the big problems. Consider this, with any business, labor is the most expensive of all costs. Now what if you could cut the cost of labor down by say half, would you do it? Most would, so that means either hiring of illegale immigrants to do the job, or shipping the plant off to a third world country and then bringing the product back.
The issue has always been there, illegale immigration just because it is in the forefront of the country today.
The only solution is that the country has to start doing for itself today, look at businesses that either hire illegale immigrants and say no, we will no longer do business with you and look at companies that ship its manufacturing plants out of the country and say the same thing. That way you can not only lower the unemployment of the country but also put a stop to the flow of illegales into the country.

top topics

join