It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I take 911 questions public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
We all have our own little idea as to what happened on 9/11. Some more complete than others. Some are creative, others are naïve, while many are educated. Besides refining these ideas here at ATS:

How do we share our message to the public?

To family?

To friends?

And even harder to strangers?

Too many I will appear new to this subject. I am and that does not hinder my passion.

I live in the State of Hawaii. Unlike many I’m not a simple road trip away from a rally or discussion group. I wish to share the questions I have about 9/11 with my community.

The hardest part seems to be that as a society, 9/11 is a forgotten subject. Some may think, we lost many lives, many may think it insensitive to bring up especially when questioning the media/official story. Others will recall the planes flying into the towers.

But how many have ever connected the dots. I’d say very few, since most don’t even know there are so many. I’m still finding them myself. Much like the night sky and finding a constellation, some of those stars just are not part of the picture.

What can the individual do?

Have any of you stepped up and taken your views public?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Whoknew

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
911research.com has fliers you can print out and post up around places, that have info on things like Building 7, and oddities in the other collapses. I always thought that was a neat idea. You can even do it anonymously. Anything on poster with good, no-nonsense data on it would work.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Bsbray11,

Thanks for the reference! The site seems great so far.

Questioning that story is an act of responsible citizenship.

Awesome words from their homepage

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
1) There are as many proper approaches as there are people to approach.
2) Some are turned off by over-certainty, and I personally take a laid-back approach, feel out the subject, see where their doubts may lie, what their hang-ups are and go from there
3) as broad a base of nowledge as you can have the better. Don't just read your fave CT sites that tell it to you how you want top hear it, also seek out contrary points and second opinions, familiarize yourself with official story and common arguments against the conspiracy theories (EG, "no one can keep a secret, so no way this conspiracy is real" etc)
5) Admit any valid points they have and they're more likely to admit your valid points.
6) In short, be reasonable. Being fair and calm shows you are confident in your views and need not resort to weird tactics and "cultish" behavior, spouting of scientific facts you really can't verify for yourself, etc...

Just my opinions and advice: as far as best arguments, that's another story. For me method is key: take the high ground and be reasonable. THAT is how to preach outside the choir.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Do it like a "Born-again christian"-- Just tell them they are unenlightened until they find the TRUTH.

an unobtainable truth..of course.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
(shouldn't've used the word "preach" my bad)
Personally I agree with Gwion in a way. Truth, he real, fulltruth, is unobtainable to mere mortals. Proof is elusive. All the evidence could be a set-up to cover some real and unknowably dark reality, or it could really just have been inexplicable runaway incompetence that let the at least plausible terrorist attacks thru, by which measure it's a miracle this nation is still standing let alone thriving and expanding its empire and global reach. We can never know for sure. None of us. some have faith but they don't KNOW. That's why it's faith y'all.

But we can look at evidence, use common sense, and make educated guesses. And we should, unflinchingly, with courage, follow the truth as far as we can with doubt as a constant companion.

Damn, that's more poetic than I meant.

Proof be damned. Just opening questions is good enough for me. I don't care how many idiots have paraded fake "9/11 Truth," and 'smoking guns" that turned out to be smoldering bananas, many questions are still very valid, and many doubts and theories VERY compelling and plausible if one has an open mind and common sense. And the guts of course.

The official story just doesn't seem to add up. But always the doubt... it could be true, or partly so...

[edit on 16-3-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just when I thought the 911 truth movement was dead in HI.

I was at Hapuna Beach, the most tourist infected beach on the island. I saw a bumper sticker slapped onto a stop sign that said "911 was an inside job.”

However to me that is the wrong way to get the message out. Most will just ignore it like many other extreme viewpoints. So here I am pondering what angle I would speak on.

"Educate yourself" or "Ask your own questions." Yet today it seems everyone is too lazy and sheep like to pry into something they “know,” was a terrorist attack.

Currently I'm thinking about finding up to five inconsistencies in the "official" report. Put them in plain English and a bullet style format, underneath a title similar to the two above. Then print them on a half page of paper and place them on cars in major parking lots. I could also leave small stacks in some of the local internet cafes.

What topics would you choose?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Many opinions on the top five submitted here.Top Five Contest I was one of the finalists but didn't feel up to the whole thing.
Cool avatar BTW. I wish you luck.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
Many opinions on the top five submitted here.Top Five Contest I was one of the finalists but didn't feel up to the whole thing.
Cool avatar BTW. I wish you luck.

Guess I should have started there in the first place. Good stuff. It's made me wonder though. Will a paper method without verbal support have a negative impact and be easily disregarded. Being able to size up who you’re sharing this issue with will change the pace. You can find some common ground and use that for references and comparisons. What would be awesome is to find a way to gather some people together and give a small presentation of topics (with little to no opinions) and have a resource pamphlet available upon departure encouraging self education.

Thanks for the props on my avatar. I hope the 911 pound gorilla movement comes back around. My gorilla is a little scrawny.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
So far I finding the public here in Hawaii isn't to interested. I'm having fun though and if only one in ten comes here or just starts searching on 9/11 in general I've succeeded.

Anyone have any success stories on breaking through to a stranger?

It almost seems like people think you questioning their intelligence by asking them to seek the truth. I guess I am then.

Then you have the "patriots" that give you a dumb look like you just kicked their puppy.

I'm trying to get a couple of the "free press" papers to drop my top five flier in their papers. They seem interested, but afraid.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoknew
I'm trying to get a couple of the "free press" papers to drop my top five flier in their papers. They seem interested, but afraid.

Can you blame them?

They are under a military ordered media blackout, until they figure out how the hell someone managed to place all of those explosives in the buildings right under thier noses.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

top topics

join