It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help - Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, after 5 weeks of 7 day, 12 hour day work.. ive conjoured up $5000 and im going to Japan.

4 nights in Tokyo,
3 nights in Hiroshima,
3 nights in Nagasaki
and 2 nights in Kyoto.

The problem is, doing a search for '' things you cant miss in tokyo '' brings up so many responses.. its hard to sift through.

Has anyone been to tokyo?
Live in Tokyo?

Anyone out there be able to spend some time over hte next few weeks U2U'n me answers to some questions I have before I delge solo into the exotic land?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi
Wow, Hope you have a great time!! My bro spent six weeks in Japan (My Bro and I have a great interest in all things Japanese) and said there wasnt enough time to see it all! What is it about Japan that makes you want to go there? Do you speak Japanese?

If you let me know what interests you have I will ask my Bro for some ideas for you, and if its ok with him I could u2u his email address.

Matane!!!

Edited to ask how old you are, if thats not to personal??

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Kurokage]

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No problemo,
im 23..
Japan, well the sole thing is Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Im looking to make a book, Events that have changed mankind.
Its a photography book, and Hiroshima/Nagasaki are pretty much number 1 on the list of places.

So im spending a week on them two, mainly just riding around the cities on my mountain bike, and hiking the mountains around them.
Spending a few nights in Shimabara, to hike the volcanoe's, and enjoy the Unzo Hot spa's.
And 3-4 nights in Tokyo, again riding around the city, drinking at bars.. and enjoying the techonlogy aspect of it.

Its a quick whirlwind trip, ill be back next year for a few months.

Im really looking for any 'awesome/secret' spots outside of the usual tourist things.

For example, im trying to find remenants of the A Bomb in or around Hiroshima APART from the A Bomb dome.

For example, scarred tree's, burnt rocks.. even some of those shadow imprints left.

Thanks mate,

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm hoping to go to Japan later this year, though it depends on how much me and my boyfriend manage to save before october

Sadly since I havn't been yet I can't tell you what to not to miss, but I can tell you that lonely planet and the eyewitness guides offer some brilliant advice, restraunts, places to see etc!

new topics

top topics

join