It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could New 911 investigations sweep through the Government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

By Jason Szep 2 hours, 59 minutes ago

BOSTON (Reuters) - More than 30 Vermont towns passed resolutions on Tuesday seeking to impeach
President Bush, while at least 16 towns in the tiny New England state called on Washington to withdraw U.S. troops from
Iraq.
ADVERTISEMENT

Known for picturesque autumn foliage, colonial inns, maple sugar and old-fashion dairy farms, Vermont is in the vanguard of a grass-roots protest movement to impeach Bush over his handling of the unpopular Iraq war.

"We're putting impeachment on the table," said James Leas, a Vermont lawyer who helped to draft the resolutions and is tracking the votes. "The people in all these towns are voting to get this process started and bring the troops home now."

The resolutions passed on Vermont's annual town meeting day -- a colonial era tradition where citizens debate issues of the day big and small -- are symbolic and cannot force Congress to impeach Bush, but they "may help instigate further discussions in the legislature," said state Rep. David Zuckerman.

"The president must be held accountable," said Zuckerman, a politician from Burlington, Vermont's largest city.

After casting votes on budgets and other routine items, citizens of 32 towns in Vermont backed a measure calling on the U.S. Congress to file articles of impeachment against Bush for misleading the nation on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and for engaging in illegal wiretapping, among other charges.

Five Vermont towns passed similar resolutions last year.

The idea of impeaching Bush resides firmly outside the political mainstream.

The new Democratic-controlled Congress has steered clear of the subject, and Wisconsin Sen. Russell Feingold's call last year to censure Bush -- a step short of an impeachment -- found scant support on Capitol Hill, even among fellow Democrats.

Vermont's congressional delegation has shown no serious interest in the idea.

'SOLDIERS HOME NOW'

Sixteen Vermont towns passed a separate "soldiers home now" resolution calling on the White House, the U.S. Congress and Vermont's elected officials to withdraw troops from Iraq.

"The best way to support them is to bring each and every one of them home now and take good care of them when they get home," the resolution said.

It was unclear how many towns had put the resolutions to a vote, and the results of all the town meetings in the state of about 609,000 people may not be known for days.

Residents of Burlington were voting on a separate question calling for a new investigation into the September 11 attacks.

Voters were asked to circle "yes" or "no" to the question: "Shall Vermont's Congressional Delegation be advised to demand a new, thorough, and truly independent forensic investigation that fully addresses the many questions surrounding the tragic events of September 11, 2001?"

Doug Dunbebin, who gathered signatures to get the issue on the ballot, said questions linger about September 11, when hijacked plane attacks killed nearly 3,000 people at New York's World Trade Center, at the
Pentagon and in Pennsylvania.

A group known as Scholars for 9/11 Truth believes the events of that day were part of a conspiracy engineered by the U.S. government and that it took more than two planes to bring down the Twin Towers in New York.

Vermont's new U.S. representative, Peter Welch (news, bio, voting record), a Democrat, said there was no need for a further investigation.

(Additional reporting by Julie Masis)

I find this interesting because this article made it's way onto the main headline section on yahoo. What’s kind of exciting is that actual towns and “regions of people” are organizing to make changes in the government. Combine that with all the great research you guys on these forums did and what alot of the other authors doing and ,.. who knows, maybe something will happen?
Yahoo Link

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That's an uplifting article.

Glad to see some legitimate traction is finally occurring out of all the hours of research people have been doing into the subject.

More local state governments should band together and submit resolutions like this.

It gets people involved at a very personal level, and lets them feel like they actually have a voice in this country.

Here's to the movement!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Lets pray and hope (put out positive vibes) that we may get justice

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Maybe this is why Bush bought all that land in South America? When the disclosure of what actually happened inevitably comes out he has a place to flee the country for protection.

I really feel the truth will present itself within the next year or so and then our nation will be in an uproar.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This impeach Bush movement seems to be based around the war in Iraq. I don't think there will be anything like a comprehensive reinvestigation of 911. Few people in power want to go down that road, even opponents of the neocons, Bush and his foreign policy agenda don't want to open that can of worms. To get that kind of thing done you have to get new people in the congress and senate. That's a lot of heavy lifting. It's not going to happen in '08. At the moment the perps control the armed forces, the intelligence services, the police forces and have a lot of weight short of control in the house and senate. That's an 800 pound gorilla with big fingers. This is going to be a very long haul in my opinion, like going after the Nazis in the decades after WW2.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is going to be a very long haul in my opinion, like going after the Nazis in the decades after WW2.

100% agreement.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Glad to see more, a couple bills were introduced in the House a while ago but we're shot down.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I would like to see just one criminal indictment in connection with 911. I don't care what it is. Somewhere there in that mountain of interconnected crimes there is an offense that can be prosecuted easily. Let's call it the "thin edge of the wedge". When that indictment is made and a conviction is obtained, things will start to happen. Come on America! Come on law enforcement! Isn't there anything you can prosecute? There has to be some charge that can be laid. The end of this nightmare is going to start with a single, probably innocuous-looking, prosecution.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Though from our point of view the evidence is building up, personally I think the further 9/11 is in the past, the colder the trail. The only reason there might still be clear leads is the enormity of the crime.

I hope beyond hope that this 'comes out' etc, but I get the feeling it'll be another JFK, resigned to one sentence blanket dismisals in encyclopaedias.

And if you had the tenacity to do 9/11 as an inside job, I'd be very suprised if there aren't several layers of fall guys, allowing 'half the cat out of the bag'. Maybe there wil be some kind of prosecution one day, but it'll be the 'Scooter Libby' of 9/11.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I've heard over and over again how Mayor Ghouliani violated federal law by cleaning up a crime scene. Where is the indictment? No indictment. Where is the indictment or impeachment or recall of the people who won't indict the Mayor? Where is the investigation of the notary public or Grand Jury who won't sign an indictment? Where is the internal affairs investigation of the cop who won't lay a charge against the judicial officials who won't indict? Where is the performance review of the police internal affairs squad who won't lean on the cops who won't investigate or lay charges? Bottom line, where are the public? Wake up America. If you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

join