It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China testing the American economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have been thinking about the huge drop in the DOW yesterday and it reminded me of something. Remember when the Dollar dropped when China said it was considering moving away from the Dollar? and the DOW dropped 500 yesterday when China was planning to put restrictions on investement? and after the statements, China either changes its mind or says nothing.

Im not saying there is a conspiracy going on, but I cannot help but notice that China is coming out more with statements that result in the Dollar and the US stock market taking a hit.

Both times it has been when the United States has complained about China to the WTO.

Plus China is trying to build economic ties in Africa and the Middle East thus moving its economy away from America. Many on this board feel that China is just waiting for the right time to play the economic card with America (probably by giving back US debt). Im not suggesting that this is going to happen now, but its interesting that China seems to be playing a game with the US.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Dow was having a bad day, for many reasons. What Greenspan said, the Chinese market yesterday, Durable Goods report, and one of two other things.

It was at 282 when it dropped 200 more points. We "saw" it happen. It was something artifical, they are saying it was a computer malfunction.
Because of that, the res of the day was artificially bad, imho.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's sarcastic how the U.S. are occupying oil & gas-rich territories with the long-term geopolitical goal of making the P.R. of China dependent on western energy, while China is circumventing this by closing oil deals with Iran and African countries.

The Chinese are onto America's old-shool geopolitics, that's for sure. They show how you can coexist and still have a flourishing civilization at the same time.

new topics

join