It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Hit observation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi All,

Just found the website. Hope this is the appropriate forum. Great job on the Pentagon evidence! I have read a number of the posts and offer my 2 cents FWIW....

Methinks the wings of an aircraft are designed to provide the greatest amount of strength in the Y axis (up/down) to support the weight of the aircraft (and the designed/expected g forces), with the least amount of material weight. The longitudinal (front/back) axis would be less strength by comparison. I did some research into the original design and the renovation of the Pentagon building. I think that's been discussed here already, so won't rehash. But I was impressed with the very strong construction on that portion of the building. At that velocity (approx 480 knts?), I think the wings would pretty much disintegrate into confetti.
And I think that is what is seen in the photographic evidence.

I was taken by one of your photos that show a piece of aircraft debris laying on the front lawn of the Pentagon, with firefighters and fire in the background. This piece of debris has painting on it. Red with white borders. Rivet lines are also visible. Comparing this photo to a stock photo of an AA 757, I think one can easily make the case that this debris is part of the "American" logo on the side of the aircraft above the windows. I think someone with time on their hands, could match up precisely the originating location of this debris on the aircraft.

Also, many of the witness accounts are quite compelling. Read a long one by a firefighter (Germantown Fire Dept, I think) that was assigned to the heli-port area close to the impact site. He and his partner saw a large commercial aircraft coming at them. The rear portion of his fire truck caught on fire, that's how close they were. They rescued several folks.

Despite questions with the Flight Data Recorder data, there is no question in my mind that an American Airlines Boeing 757 aircraft hit the Pentagon on 11 Sept.

On a previous post someone stated that an F-4 fighter aircraft is made out of steel as opposed to alum.? My BS detector went off, but haven't researched that yet.

Regards,
Steve (AKA DrDigital)

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hey, welcome aboard!

You might find the threads in this forum of interest...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Welcome Steve. I've been making a persistent point of helping people see that. I have a blog for the purpose:
frustratingfraud.blogspot.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> frustratingfraud.blogspot.com...

Things can be looked up there if you run across a dummy argument... you seem to have a fuctional BS detector.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrDigital
Hi All,

Just found the website. Hope this is the appropriate forum. Great job on the Pentagon evidence! I have read a number of the posts and offer my 2 cents FWIW....

Methinks the wings of an aircraft are designed to provide the greatest amount of strength in the Y axis (up/down) to support the weight of the aircraft (and the designed/expected g forces), with the least amount of material weight. The longitudinal (front/back) axis would be less strength by comparison. I did some research into the original design and the renovation of the Pentagon building. I think that's been discussed here already, so won't rehash. But I was impressed with the very strong construction on that portion of the building. At that velocity (approx 480 knts?), I think the wings would pretty much disintegrate into confetti.
And I think that is what is seen in the photographic evidence.

I was taken by one of your photos that show a piece of aircraft debris laying on the front lawn of the Pentagon, with firefighters and fire in the background. This piece of debris has painting on it. Red with white borders. Rivet lines are also visible. Comparing this photo to a stock photo of an AA 757, I think one can easily make the case that this debris is part of the "American" logo on the side of the aircraft above the windows. I think someone with time on their hands, could match up precisely the originating location of this debris on the aircraft.

Also, many of the witness accounts are quite compelling. Read a long one by a firefighter (Germantown Fire Dept, I think) that was assigned to the heli-port area close to the impact site. He and his partner saw a large commercial aircraft coming at them. The rear portion of his fire truck caught on fire, that's how close they were. They rescued several folks.

Despite questions with the Flight Data Recorder data, there is no question in my mind that an American Airlines Boeing 757 aircraft hit the Pentagon on 11 Sept.

On a previous post someone stated that an F-4 fighter aircraft is made out of steel as opposed to alum.? My BS detector went off, but haven't researched that yet.

Regards,
Steve (AKA DrDigital)

Steve, you are right about the wings having strength in the up and down axis, but they are not designed to take an impact from an object. As proven by the following report of a wing being sheared off from hitting a single light pole.

www.lasvegassun.com...

...It clipped a light pole in the National Car Rental parking lot, 2,760 feet past the runway, shearing off 18 feet of the left wing, then brushed the roof of the Avis Rent A Car building. The engines stalled.

As far as the F-4 having steel construction i can prove it very easy.

1. I was a Crew Chief on the RF-4 (recon version of the F-4) and can tell you it has steel construction.

2. This is from Janes aircraft research site.

The fuselage is an all-metal semi-monocoque structure. Forward fuselage built in port and starboard halves, so that most internal wiring and finishing can be done before assembly. Keel and rear sections make use of steel and titanium.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Keel and rear sections make use of steel and titanium.

not trying to pick a fight, but "make use of" doesn't mean the same as "made of."

join