It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about what Bin Laden said.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Something occured to me recently, I was looking through the transcript of the Bin Laden tape, the tape where he admitted the attacks and went into great detail.

I will quote some of it here for you:
archives.cnn.com...

UBL: He did not know about the operation. Not everybody knew (...inaudible...). Muhammad ((Atta)) from the Egyptian family (meaning the Al Qa'ida Egyptian group), was in charge of the group.

UBL: The brothers, who conducted the operation, all they knew was that they have a martyrdom operation and we asked each of them to go to America but they didn't know anything about the operation, not even one letter. But they were trained and we did not reveal the operation to them until they are there and just before they boarded the planes.

UBL: We were at a camp of one of the brother's guards in Qandahar. This brother belonged to the majority of the group. He came close and told me that he saw, in a dream, a tall building in America, and in the same dream he saw Mukhtar teaching them how to play karate. At that point, I was worried that maybe the secret would be revealed if everyone starts seeing it in their dream. So I closed the subject. I told him if he sees another dream, not to tell anybody, because people will be upset with him. (Another person's voice can be heard recounting his dream about two planes hitting a big building).

Does anyone see the problem? I didn't until something dawned on me. Let me start off by saying this, that if the highjackers didn't know the plot until just before boarding the planes, then how is it that they successfully found their targets?

GPS? But where did they get the cordinates? They wouldn't have had them.
So for an operation to work the way it did, I am expected to believe that these guys did all this with only the knowledge of what it is there supposed to do right before boarding?

Now, here is the more difficult question in all of this and one that is the most disturbing.

Numerous people are said to have had 'dreams', but no-one knew of this. Then because of this, Bin Laden kept the whole thing secret, as to not let anyone know.

Here is the part that seems to indicate something diabolical, if what Bin Laden is saying is true.....

Then how did all the intelligence agencies have any idea of an imminent attack? Remember there were all these warnings of an attack coming?

Here is one example of prior warning:

www.washingtonpost.com...

On July 5 of last year, a month and a day before President Bush first heard that al Qaeda might plan a hijacking, the White House summoned officials of a dozen federal agencies to the Situation Room.

"Something really spectacular is going to happen here, and it's going to happen soon," the government's top counterterrorism official, Richard Clarke, told the assembled group, according to two of those present. The group included the Federal Aviation Administration, along with the Coast Guard, FBI, Secret Service and Immigration and Naturalization Service.

IF the highjackers didn't know, and if Bin Laden kept this a secret then how would anyone know?

The first response to this might be....Maybe Bin Laden is lying, but seriously after admitting to everything about the attacks there would be no point in lying at that point.

Another answer might be, that the tape is fake, but not everyone accepts this.

But one fact can't be ignored, Bin Laden says he kept this a secret, yet it seems like the world knew. The intelligence world of course.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As you stated, the tape could be fake, and is in my opinion. In every authenticated Bin Laden tape (authenticated by non-goernment agencies), he stated he had nothing to do with the attacks. This tape, which is probably fake, is the one where he states he was behind it.

Smells like fish, probably is pretty fishy.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
As you stated, the tape could be fake, and is in my opinion. In every authenticated Bin Laden tape (authenticated by non-goernment agencies), he stated he had nothing to do with the attacks. This tape, which is probably fake, is the one where he states he was behind it.

Smells like fish, probably is pretty fishy.

No, the tape is real, and there is a video in 2004 where he has admiited that he and his group were responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the 2004 tape where he admitted it?

Also, what makes you believe the tape is not a fake?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The 2004 tape has the same dude as the fake '01 tape, but he actually faces the camera OBL-style instead of the "home-made" Afghani basement format.

Delta, do you get the point that the original poster is trying to make? "OBL" said he kept the operation a total secret until just before the highjackers boarded the planes, yet the government was getting tons of warnings of terrorist highjackings and targets.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Were the warning that specific? From what I have heard, the warning they were getting were that it could involve hijackings, and the crashing or blowing up of planes, but I don't know that targets were ever mentioned.

Atta and friends must have known it involved hijackings, as they were attending flight schools, other than that, it could have been kept from them.

Also, using GPS, it's not that difficult to find a city when flying, as long as they know the basic operations of the instruments. Once you find the city, the targets wouldn't be that hard to spot.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
2001 confession tape.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

These are the images taken from the video from different time segments.

Osama admitting that he and his organization were in fact responsible for the attacks on 9/11. This is in 2004 and the tape was through Al Jazeera.

english.aljazeera.net...

Transcript:

But I am amazed at you. Even though we are in the fourth year after the events of September 11th, Bush is still engaged in distortion, deception and hiding from you the real causes. And thus, the reasons are still there for a repeat of what occurred.

So I shall talk to you about the story behind those events and shall tell you truthfully about the moments in which the decision was taken, for you to consider.

I say to you, Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers. But after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American/Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind.

The events that affected my soul in a direct way started in 1982 when America permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon and the American Sixth Fleet helped them in that. This bombardment began and many were killed and injured and others were terrorised and displaced.

I couldn't forget those moving scenes, blood and severed limbs, women and children sprawled everywhere. Houses destroyed along with their occupants and high rises demolished over their residents, rockets raining down on our home without mercy.

The situation was like a crocodile meeting a helpless child, powerless except for his screams. Does the crocodile understand a conversation that doesn't include a weapon? And the whole world saw and heard but it didn't respond.

In those difficult moments many hard-to-describe ideas bubbled in my soul, but in the end they produced an intense feeling of rejection of tyranny, and gave birth to a strong resolve to punish the oppressors.

And as I looked at those demolished towers in Lebanon, it entered my mind that we should punish the oppressor in kind and that we should destroy towers in America in order that they taste some of what we tasted and so that they be deterred from killing our women and children.

No translation by Al Jazeera in English on video sorry.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Delta, do you get the point that the original poster is trying to make? "OBL" said he kept the operation a total secret until just before the highjackers boarded the planes, yet the government was getting tons of warnings of terrorist highjackings and targets.

Total secret does not mean only OBL knows about it and no one else.
People talked. The govt. can't connect the dots.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
For starters, I think its a mistake to take bin Laden at his word. Secondly, where did he say that he didn't tell a single soul a single thing about the operation? He never said that. Obviously Kalid Sheik Mohammed knew about the operation because he was the one who came up with the idea. Obviously other people knew something about an attack happening because they were the ones in charge of financing it!

This wasn't just a case of 19 or 20 hijackers and Osama bin Laden being the only ones who knew anything. As for how they found their targets, I believe that the ringleaders of each group knew their target ahead of time. It has also already been said that they all had GPS units. They were given pages of instructions, I believe at the airports, before their attacks. It's very likely that the coordinates could have been in those instructions. Regardless, I doubt it would be difficult for folks with flight lessons and excellent navigation systems found on those planes to find two major cities like NYC and Washington. From there they could have easily visually identified their targets once they reached those cities.

Of course this is all coming off the top of my head in a matter of minutes without truly digging into and analyzing anything. Perhaps reading the 9/11 Commission's report on the events could cast further light on the subject. The report, while fairly long, actually reads very well and easily like a normal book does. I'm not saying that I believe everything in it, or the official story, but you can at least gain some valuable info from it.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
No, the tape is real, and there is a video in 2004 where he has admiited that he and his group were responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

Seams the FBI doesn't think the tape is real. Or they would have 9/11 under UBL's name on the most wanted list. Why don't they think it's real?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Seams the FBI doesn't think the tape is real. Or they would have 9/11 under UBL's name on the most wanted list. Why don't they think it's real?

Bunch of bureaucracy, I asked an FBI agent why its not included and he says its just the way it is, whatever that mean. Also, as I pointed out that the reward didn't increased to 50 million, the old one is 25 million. How long does it take to change the numbers? Not to mention doesn't even include Bin Laden to the U.S.S. Cole. The page mentions Bin Laden suspected of other terrorist attacks. How does the FBI know that?
Its just the embassy attacks Bin Laden was indicted for. But then the FBI prefers their way of using evidence against Bin Laden.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I know it sounds crazy to a lot of people, but no matter WHAT bin Laden says or does, this is all too convenient. Even if he admits flat out "I did it,"we must remember several things:
1) Of all world villains, this one has links to the Saudi Royal family, Bush family, CIA, and whatever else, previous "service" in Afghanistan helping bleed the Soviets and at the sime time breed their replacement for world threat #1
2) US assistance to/cooperation w/use of al Qaeda: Bosnia, Kosovo, the Blind Sheikh behind the '93 attack gettin into the US on a CIA visa to recruit Afghan Mujiheddin a year after that war was over, Clinton forcing Osama from Sudan to Afghanistan where he could grow his camps in one "failed state" rather than be surveilled in another, etc...
3) Of all the terrorist threats in the "chaotic" post-Cold War world, the one that rises to the top and proves able to penetrate our mighty defenses? Yep.
4) Engineering enemies? Did the World's secret rulers set up Hitler and Stalin to work towards a NWO? I dunno, maybe. But that's a tad kooky, involving engineering of the political affais of a whole nation. Here, all we need is one main guy and a fe associates to rilethe Arabs up with videotaped messages, tell them where to fight and how, etc. Then we have our war for global leadership.
Then again, maybe he really is his own guy looking for a global Caliphate and all these other things are just overblown coincidences. Could be.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Oh, and great post, Talisman.

join