It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Self Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why is it that so many people want to hate themselves so much? I have been following the board for some time and have noticed a few little things that I cant understand.

When there are discussions about aliens on this board, I notice something troubling. This is what I see.

A common theme is humans being inferior to just about everything. This includes "the aliens". "We are so primitive compared to them." and "They are so much more advanced than we are." are two common statements on this board. Another one is "We are so violent.".

We are so primitive as compared to what? We are unadvanced as compared to what? We are violent as compared to what? Or who??? Why do people need to trash themselves so much. How can they compare themselves to something that may not even exist?

If aliens do exist, how are we to know if they are violent or not? Maybe they are so violent that we cant even comprehend it. Maybe we are the most advanced life form in the universe. Lets say UFO's are actually alien space craft. Who says that they are more advanced than us? Maybe they are a life form that lives in the void of space, traveling endlessly until they stumble upon a rock and crash. With that example, even the act of an alien life form getting to earth doesn't ensure that it is more advanced than we are.

There is no basis to compare aliens to humans. We cant know what they look like. We cant know how they act. We can only conjure up pictures that we create from images that are known to us. We can only imagine behavior comparable to our own. An alien could have 10 arms, or no arms. Maybe no eyes. Who says they need to see where they are from?

I think that a lot of people have serious self confidence issues when they speek that way. They either hate themselves or they hate humans. Perception is reality. If people constantly put themselves down in this way, and assume that we are so unintellegent, we might just stumble over the oppurtunity to prove alien life exists. Because hey, you can only achieve what you believe you can acheive. And according to a heck of a lot of people...we are pretty darn stupid.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i always believed some statements like mentioned above are taken too far. i believe in the long run that we are not doing a good job with keeping the planet clean and the fact that as large groups of people the nations and countries we are violent to a degree probably more than needed. we can be more open and apathetic but it requires more self awareness to you, your nieghbors and everyone else in the world.. its take efford and work that many shrug off for everyday events, birthdays, elections, school, deaths, news, games, etc etc etc

thats what i believe anyway

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
welll said

and some very good points made,

i have often thought about this my self, but could never think how to word it,

im a 100% with you on this one,

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I watch Stargate from time to time, the humans (sorry, sorry Americans) dominate the galaxy. The Aliens that were around before the American team discovered the stargate don't stand a chance against the humans. It's weird but interesting. Not even their laser staffs compare to a P-90. HAHA, just saying. I know what you mean Seapeople, but there are media sources that oppose your observation. Limiting everything to the ATS forum, I would have to agree with you sadly, we need an ATS shrink to u2u whenever the inferiority complex comes out.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree with you seapeople.

These new age religions have replaced gods with aliens, they are the creator and the perfect beings of light, love and forgiveness.

I hope aliens and UFO's don't become synonymous with these new age religions but aliens always seem to be at the core of these religions.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Excellent work seapeople.

Do you not think that this negative self-image is part of the alien invasion plan along with the denying of man's higher faculties and powers?

The bible states that man was made in his image, and that he was special amongst all creations. Do you know what that means?

It means we are capable of full soul and body interaction in this realm and in 4d and our creation was the expectation that all mankind would achieve a place with the creator is so chosen.

The inferior grays and lizards and numerous other alien races want your soul!

Do not give it to them.

join