It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies are they real or nott?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i think they are. they has to be something like them or something similar anyone else agree ?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Zombies are real. While the hollywood zombie is completely fictional, voodoo bokor have extensive knowledge of their surroundings. Part of this knowledge is the ability to formulate extremely powerful drugs. There is a wonderful movie about voodoo and zombies called "The Serpent and the Rainbow", which is based on a true story.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Depends on your definition of zombie.

If you mean people who are held in thrall by another by means of some sort of mind-control technique, I would say yes, I think there are.

If you mean flesh-eating animated corpses mumbling "Brainnnsssss...", I would have to say no, I don't think so.

If you like zombies, though, you might want to look here if you haven't already:
www.urbandead.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Flesh eating Zombies?Well It has yet to be proven, however in Haitian culture it has been proven and is still today a common yet touchy subject that the human body can be "re-animated" by the Bokor [Witchdoctor] into a zombie state.

They even have a law on the books against such practice,in Haiti in 1835 Article 246 of the Haitian Penal Code: classifies the administration of a substance that creates a prolonged period of lethargy without causing death as attempted murder. If the substance causes the appearance of death and results in the burial of the victim, the act is classified as murder.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareapple
Zombies are real. While the hollywood zombie is completely fictional, voodoo bokor have extensive knowledge of their surroundings. Part of this knowledge is the ability to formulate extremely powerful drugs. There is a wonderful movie about voodoo and zombies called "The Serpent and the Rainbow", which is based on a true story.

While it IS a good movie, it's based on a MUCH better book. The movie altered the actual events WAAAAAAY too much and made it laughable. The book is incredibly detailed and goes more deeply into the actual practice in vodoun religions.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Zombies are not real. there just cannot be a reanimated rotting corpse!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There are "zombies" showing up everywhere, and there have been alot more since 9/11 just for a quick example.

9/11/01 A fireman by the name of Roy Smith died minutes after he entered The Towers.

9/26/01 Roy was buried in a cemetary in his hometown of Nightgrove, Maine.

9/30/01 After reports of people seeing Roy around town the local police decided to check on his grave only to find the ground looking as if he had dug his way out from inside of his coffin.

To this day they have not found his body and reports of him are still major proof that Zombies do infact exist.

join