It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poppy Fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
With ref to the film "Who killed John O'Neill"?

I had always wondered why the Afghani opium fields were never properly/permanently wiped out.
It certainly doesnt square with a Government who extol "family values" and such.
Surely they could have napalmed the lot??

That strikes me, at best, as a little inconsistent.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think it is because the US government makes money off of the sale of herion, similarly to the way they have made money off of the Columbian coc aine cartels for the past 20-30 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Also, don't forget that heroin is not the only medicine made from the poppy plant.

The opium poppy, Papaver somniferum, is the type of poppy from which opium and all refined opiates such as morphine (up to 20%), thebaine (5%), codeine (1%), papaverine (1%), and narcotine (5-8%) are naturally present and extracted from the poppy.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

That's not a complete list obviously.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

if you recall, she was a translator for the FBI that was gagged by the government; i think her allegations involved drugs, laundering, and American politicians.

the drug connection brought forth in the ONeil doc makes sense, but is also very distressing to me at the same time. this would be a huge apparatus and apparently unstoppable.

for those that did not view the film, it claims that the CIA setup private companies in the 70s to avoid Congressional oversight, and funds itself by trafficking heroin and coc aine... to the tune of over 1 billion a year.

that Al Queda, being funded by the ISI, which is funded by the CIA, were actually training soldiers to protect the drugs, and pilots trained in the US were to fly it.

interesting points it brings that i had not heard were what was on the floors of WTC7 that were on fire.

dunno, overall it was a good film and reminded me of "Cube". it really pours on the conspiracy and maybe tries to cover too much ground, but i thought it posed a interesting argument and deserves to be looked at once.

join