It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

migrating creatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i'm new here, and prolly got this in the wrong place...
for the past two summers/fall, we have had some oddness around here. we don't know what they are, and have only once seen a shadow at best.
i live around a hundred feet from the railroad tracks in berkshire county, and am a couple of miles from hoosac tunnel, which is five miles long. creatures have been getting reported lately, but they must migrate, because we don't hear or sense them in winter. anyhooo...
last fall, my son and i, were outside having a smoke, and heard a bark, it was sort of like a monkey bark, but had a descending whine at the end, like the recharging of a professional camera flash recharging. we heard it twice, one after the other.
we heard it fine, and started to speak of it in hushed tones, when my wife heard us, and said she had heard it too. my wife and i, are both ham radio ops, i'm advanced, and she's an extra class...we know high freq tones when we hear them.
junior works at walmart, which is also on the railroad tracks, and has heard quite a few very odd and to him and some friends there scary noises.
there have been several reports called in to the police in the past few years, and the railroad has been getting attacked by something tossing stones at the workers when they get near hoosac tunnel.

we don't talk much in public around here about this, as it's rather puritan here. we get news from police family friends, and the railroad museum, a block away...

we've experienced more oddness...but nothing we can really say is attributable to creatures. i can tell you two things- he says they get in your head, and are trying to make some sort of contact with him...now me and his mom. also, now i believe him, he started telling these stories a couple of years ago, when he started working at walmart.
i'm scared of this thing, i can tell you that for sure. i'm almost 60 years old, and am not afraid of much. we live more or less on the at-appalachian trail. i think it will be back this spring, and will post if it comes back.
i'm pretty level headed. i do halo game trix for a hobby, and am known for my honesty.

vshields ash

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I've never heard of anything near there (or indeed, the place where you live) as I live in the UK.

However, I suggest that as the time of their arrival approaches, you persuade the police to set up a camera along their path.

I don't know what else to say other than your account is interesting, but without any sort of description of the creatures my help is limited.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sounds like a sasquatch.... And, although that is my first hunch, have you actually "seen" anything? I wuld like to hear more about this, because there are very view sightings in that area.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Check with local birders on the noise. I think they may have some explaination.

People don't get outside as much as they used to, and local sounds can often be puzzling to them. Squirrels can make some really strange sounds, and so can birds.

As to the rocks, I'd bet money it's kids with a rather dangerous game. We had incidents of "mysterious rock throwings" that actually escalated to pellet gun shootings. And I know that Sasquatch doesn't own guns or buy ammo.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
it sure sounds like east coast big-foot creatures,

youse got 3 protected national forests almost side-by-side up there
around hoosac tunnel. which allows one or more to migrate as needed.

i hope there's no hunters setting up on the perimeters of the 3 forests,
that is unless they're armed with cameras & night-vision equipment only!

join