It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC poll: Obama smokes cigarettes- Would you vote for him?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i'd vote for a smoker
i'd vote for someone that drinks

i guess i'd vote for anyone despite their personal life choices, as long as it doesn't get in the way of their duties as president

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
the Hillary camp trying to discredit Obama, playing the usual defamation of character game. Because really, you're right, the thread title is otherwise kinda silly.

Ok, I see now the point, I guess is ok now that is related to the dirty way Hillary goes after Obama.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i personally think it would do this country good to have a woman or a black/muslim person as pres and either way smoking shouldnt be an issue... and neither thing from there past whether it be the use of a drug (coke, crack, acid, shrooms...ect) or smoking pot. as long as they dont do it in office who cares.... [(although our first pres G Washington was known to smoke pot even during his presidancy(sp?))] in fact, and unfortunatly i feel most of the population does not feel this way, that the fact that someone who has done sorts of things in his/her past is a better candidate because it shows he/she is more like the rest of us.....why does a pres have to be "perfect"? i think an ordinary intelligent person off the streets who learns the rules/regs of being a pres would be the best sort of candidate cause they have been there and done that...... sorry ive lost track of the topic a little but seriously who cares...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
if you're going to personally support that machine, please post sources.

This has to be a serious case of not being able to get across on the internet what is ment to be said.

I don't support Hillary in any way. I can't stand the woman. However, I think she's the dems best chance because shes' the most qualified of the bunch but I absolutely don't support her in any way. I think she's pure evil.

How do you get from me posting an article and commenting on how it's showing her camp's dirty workings ... to me supporting her?

Nevermind .. I'm loosing interest and don't care anymore. *sigh*

I'm about to give up on this freak'n thread because obviously either I'm not expressing myself well at all, or you are taking everything I post and seeing it wrong. Or both.

And for the record - I thought Obama was in the Muslim school for two years while it was allegedly moderate ... and Hillary's camp is saying four years and quoting sources saying it's Wahabbi.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

What a rediculous way to attack Obama. But hey, controversy sells.

Edit to add:
This popup is linked from their front page under BE SEEN, BE HEARD as the message:

VOTE: Obama Smokes: Would You Vote For a Presidential Candidate That Puffs?

How idiotic. But hey, that's ABC "news" for you. They're all about exploitation and idiocy. But to be fair, they are really good stenographers for BushCo.

WHO CARES if Obama smokes?! He's an adult human being. Geez! As a smoker myself, I'd say it makes him seem all the more human and normal. I can think of a lot of uptight officials who could really use a puff off of something a bit stronger than a mere cigerette.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I can think of a lot of uptight officials who could really use a puff off of something a bit stronger than a mere cigerette.

Yeah, no doubt! They need something that causes paranoia (or so they say)- cause there certainly doesn't seem to be any occurring naturally.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
While we're at it, I think we should take a poll on how many people are creeped out by the immense amount of elective plastic surgery folks like Sen. John McCain and Elizabeth Dole have indulged in. These people look downright scary.

I wouldn't vote for someone so vain.

ps. I can't stand the non-smoking nazis. They're about as annoying as any group of people can be. Let grownups live their lives. Smoking is not illegal and it is not their business to go around telling us we can't smoke. If you're such a baby about these things, do NOT go to BARS and restaurants that allow smoking. There are plenty who cater to your precious PC crowd.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
lol ECK. But before we stray too far (which would indeed be fun), the point here was simply to try and get some input into what ABC was doing when they put out this poll. They could have just as easily done it without attaching Obama's name to it. Not only would it have been more suttle, clever and less risky, it would have caused all the would be gossipers to go frantically searching for the candidate that smokes. Not that it would have taken much longer... The point is: what in the heck is ABC up to here?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

the immense amount of elective plastic surgery folks like Sen. John McCain and Elizabeth Dole have indulged in.

McCain had cancer on his face. Skin cancer that required surgery. If he had plastic surgery there it may have been 'elective' but I'm not going to slam anyone who had cancer and then tries to normalize their appearance afterwards.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The point is: what in the heck is ABC up to here?

In that vein, I suggest we urge ABC to run this poll (in fairness):

First Lady Laura Bush is a smoker. Does that lower your opinion of her as first lady?

I thought that was interesting when I first learned she is a smoker. How they have kept that little fact out of the public eye! It in no way diminished my opinion of her. It only made her more interesting to me. More real.

ABC news is a total tool of state propaganda. I've been seeing this for a long time. And they love exploitation as much as Fox "news."

Its pretty clear what they and other groups (CNN!) are up to - linking Obama with terrorists (oops! We're sorry!
) and now this silliness.

These folks are ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

In that vein, I suggest we urge ABC to run this poll (in fairness):

First Lady Laura Bush is a smoker. Does that lower your opinion of her as first lady?

Thanks for that bit of information, now we're cookin! I didn't know that either, because frankly it doesn't matter, and it's not something I'd waste my time in trying to know.

But yep, you're right- that would be a good, and somewhat face-saving poll.

Its pretty clear what they and other groups (CNN!) are up to - linking Obama with terrorists (oops! We're sorry!
) and now this silliness.

These folks are ridiculous.

Ahhh, this is what I suspect. Just glad to get some confirmation.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with him smoking, I might have a problem with him if he would say "hey I don't feel like quitting" as opposed to "Hey, I'm aware of the dangers of smoking, but I'm having a tough go at quitting." I am well aware of how hard it is to quit smoking. I think that with todays knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking, he should quit. It might make him look weak, in my opinion. Does anyone know if he has acknowledged his smoking or has said he wants to quit?

[edit on 21-1-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ahhh, this is what I suspect. Just glad to get some confirmation.

Its beyond transparent. Once again the media elites expose themselves in their condescending thinking that we, the people, are so dumb we can't figure out propaganda 101.

It is they who have been left behind by the digital revolution. They are having serious trouble coming to terms with that.

vive' le internet!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama spent four years in a wahabbi muslim madrassa (school).
That's the Hillary leak.

The Obama Response to this accusation. (Thanks dawnstar)

Hopefully, this will put to rest all the rumors about Obama being Muslim, too. But I doubt it.

Peace to FF.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'll still vote for him. He has said he doesn't like the fact that he's a smoker. We all have our vices.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Smoking is a difficult habit to break; however, it is one that Obama must cease to do. As President of the United States, he will hold the most important office the world. He will be a role model for young and old alike, and polluting your body and the world you live in is not looked upon favorably.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join