It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil's of Scientology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucas_1984

Dear Lucas,

As you can probably see if you have been following these posts, your chances of getting a totally straight answer to your question by posting it on the internet is very close to zero.

Both Scientology and Psychiatry are total war-zone issues on forums like this.

But since the whole planet has a stake in how people look at these two subjects, I will add my data to what has already been posted here.

I have known and worked with a lot of Scientologists over the past 25 or so years. The great majority of them are good people. The statements made about Scientology are for the most part unfounded.

I have known a few psychiatrists and psychologists in my lifetime. Some of them were decent people, too. But I had personal experience with at least one (at a public hearing in Berkeley where he was defending electric shock) who was definitely off the deep end.

The basic situation is this: Psychiatry and psychiatrists have been the tool of various corrupt political regimes for as long as they have existed. Go to the anti-psychiatry sites for the details. It's not that all psychiatrists are personally aware that they are working for depraved leaders. But the evidence of this is, for better or worse, very strong.

In the 1950's L. Ron Hubbard came up with a way of partially or completely canceling the effects of hypnotism. Psychiatry had been very actively experimenting with various hypnosis-like treatments in connection with some CIA and military-connected projects. LRH had actually run into some of their victims and in this way learned something about their work. When they found out what he was doing they wanted to take him out. They apparently initiated various actions to accomplish this, but were unsuccessful. One such action, however, involved a vicious rumor campaign, and that one thrives to this day. Take their data for what it is worth. I consider it no more that vicious slander, often parroted by people who have not looked into it themselves at all. It's just reprehensible. But that's my opinion.

But just as you may be able to find a psychiatrist who will treat you like a decent human being, give you some good advice, without getting you hooked on any mind-altering drugs or frying your brain, you might possibly find a Scientologist who would prove to be a true friend. And if you make friends with the Scientologist, you at least have the advantage that Scientology is totally anti-drugs, anti-hypnotism, anti-shock, and pro-freedom.

If you don't feel brave enough to approach a real Scientologist, you can learn tons about it by reading books that you can find at most of your better public libraries, or buying lectures individually or in sets that LRH gave to the general public and to his students. You might even find someone around who has some tapes or CDs they could loan to you. They have many sites on the web, and some are quite informative. So you can trust all the rubbish dished out on these posts or research the subject yourself. Your choice. Sorry if I am a bit vociferous. To me the difference between the two groups is like night and day. Sorry more ATS members don't see it that way.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

dont be so quick to dismiss all these illnesses, untill you actually experience a mental disorder you really cannot comprehend what it is like to live with one.
dont forget your body including your brain is an elctro chemical biological computer, so you eat too much # your prone to throw something out of sync and get ill.
there are many causes of mental illness, and some mental illness are long term some not, but certain illness's make people very vulnerable and scientologists are like vultures who would think nothing of exploiting that to get their money.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

For example, a typical person will pick up a book for a stranger who just dropped it. A shy person will not typically do this and a person with an "anti-social" personality certainly will not. So, while on the face of it, they may have nothing in common, but there are some similar underlying traits. I have been diagnosed as having a "borderline personality disorder," so I somewhat know what I am talking about here.
Borderline Personality Disorder

[edit on 16-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

dude i too am diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and it is nothing like anti-social personality disorder.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I wonder if your friend is aware that Scientology is based around an alien god who destroyed all humanity by stacking them around a volcano, and it spending timed locked in a mountain on a distant planet, the gate being a force field powered by an eternal battery.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gr3ml1n
I wonder if your friend is aware that Scientology is based around an alien god who destroyed all humanity by stacking them around a volcano, and it spending timed locked in a mountain on a distant planet, the gate being a force field powered by an eternal battery.

yeah, xenus galaxy was overpopulated so he froze loads of his alien denizens and flew them to earth in space ships that looked liked dc-8's which was then called tegeak or something similar, then the frozen aliens were stacked around a volcano which xenu then dropped a bomb into which killed the aliens but their spirits apparently lived on as ghosts or "thetans" which possed the neanderthals that inhabited earth or "teegiak" which then made us or something along those lines.
now what ive just told you should on be revealed at the level OTIII otherwise an unprepared mind might explode if confronted with this knowledge.
if you dont believe me that the believe this then go look for yourself.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wasn't it L. Ron Hubbard who once said- " If you want to make a lot of money, start a religion" ?

The fact that it is an organized religion period is cause for worry for your friend IMHO

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A friend of mine was a scientologist.

His role in scientology was to break people members down, who did not totally believe in their ways/questioned them too much. He would isolate them, interrogate them and deprive them of basic necessities - the abuse was not physical, but psychological. .

This could go on for hours and sometimes past a day.

After this, if he did not deem you worthy of living with the main populace of scientologists, you would be sent off to a special area with others like you for further "schooling" in their ways. Once you were found to be "suitable" for living with the rest of them, you would be injected back into the main populace and have a new role.

Scientologists are forbidden to associate with non members aside from doing things they need to do or for recruiting.

Once you leave their order, you are considered to be a "Squirrel" or something.. When people of your old order see you, they are to ignore you or risk being expelled from the order themselves.

Yeah - It's a cult for sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
In a Nutshell
A Second Opinion!

The Church of Scientology is a vicious and dangerous cult that masquerades as a religion. Its purpose is to make money. It practices a variety of mind-control techniques on people lured into its midst to gain control over their money and their lives. Its aim is to take from them every penny that they have and can ever borrow and to also enslave them to further its wicked ends.

It was started in the 1950s by a science fiction writer named L. Ron Hubbard in fulfilment to his declared aim to start a religion to make money. It is an offshoot to a method of psychotherapy he concocted from various sources which he named "Dianetics". Dianetics is a form of regression therapy. It was then further expanded to appear more like a religion in order to enjoy tax benefits. He called it "Scientology".

Scientology is a confused concoction of crackpot, dangerously applied psychotherapy, oversimplified, idiotic and inapplicable rules and ideas and science-fiction drivel that is presented to its members (at the "advanced" levels) as profound spiritual truth.

The Harm it Does to a Person

The results of applying their crackpot psychotherapy (called "auditing") is to weaken the mind. The mind goes from a rational state to an irrational one as the delusional contents of the subconscious mind are brought to the surface and are assumed to be valid. It also makes a person more susceptible to suggestion since it submerges the critical thinking faculties of the mind into a partial subconscious state. It results in a permanent light hypnotic trance and so from thenceforth that person can be more easily controlled. The person will, to a much greater extent, believe and do whatever they are told. And of course this is used to the full in persuading them to hand over further money and dedicating themselves further to the cult.

The results of applying their oversimplified and inapplicable rules in life is to lose the ability to think rationally and logically. A person loses the ability to think for themselves and so they lose the ability to challenge incorrect ideas. This makes them easier to control. It also isolates and alienates the person from society so that they withdraw from normal society and into their "Scientology" society. This further increases their susceptibility to the influence of their group. They end up being afraid of society, believing all society to be controlled by a group of drug companies, psychiatrists and financiers all of whom report to more remote masters. In other words they are in a state of mass paranoia. They therefore avoid reading newspapers and the like since they fear it will disturb their safe Scientology world. It is a downward spiral into madness.

The science fiction content of Scientology is revealed to them after they have reached the state they call "Clear", meaning freed from the aberrations of the mind. However, perhaps "brainwashed" would be a more applicable word to describe the mental state of someone who has survived the near entire delusional contents of their subconscious mind brought to the surface and presented to them as "truth". On the "advanced" levels (called OT levels) above the state of "Clear" they encounter the story of Xenu. Xenu was supposed to have gathered up all the overpopulation in this sector of the galaxy, brought them to Earth and then exterminated them using hydrogen bombs. The souls of these murdered people are then supposed to infest the body of everyone. They are called "body thetans". On the advanced levels of Scientology a person "audits out" these body thetans telepathically by getting them to re-experience their being exterminated by hydrogen bombs. So people on these levels assume all their bad thoughts and faulty memories are due to these body thetans infesting every part of their body and influencing them mentally. Many Scientologists go raving mad at this point if they have not done so already.

The "Ethics" Trap

On the surface the Church of Scientology seems reasonable. The insane content of it is only revealed to a person when the early stuff has done its work and made them more susceptible. After a short while a person "believes" that Scientology is doing them good. They are then persuaded to help their new-found group further by donating money and/or working for the organisation for almost no money. Many people do exactly that.

"Ethics" is used to good effect to trap a person. A person s natural tendency to do good is worked upon. Yes - they want to be more ethical, but what is ethical? This is where a clever trick is pulled! "Ethics" is redefined by Scientology in such a way that to be ethical is to be a better Scientologist and obey the "church". Young people, not yet made cynical through the machinations of life and politics, are very keen to contribute to the world and to be ethical. So the "ethics" trick works easily into persuading them to join the "church". Many of them join an elite group called the "Sea Org" where they become brainwashed slaves. There they work a hundred hour week for almost no pay. There they are subject to every cruel whim of their masters. It is a living hell that they endure because of the conditioning they have received and this now perverted sense of ethics that they have accepted. The "Sea Org" is the ultimate in brainwashed slavery. They are expected to work harder and harder to achieve ever higher targets of production. If they fail to meet their targets there are various penalties. One of them is to be put onto a diet of beans and rice and to miss sleep. Another is to be sentenced to a period on the RPF (Rehabilitation Project Force). This is the equivalent to "hard labour". Such is the extent of their brainwashing that they actually write "success stories" when they complete their sentences.

Brainwashing Bites Back

There is no doubt at all that L. Ron Hubbard incorporated brainwashing techniques into Scientology to put people under his control. He even wrote a "brainwashing manual" which is still in existence today. However there was a cruel twist in his scheme. He fell victim of it himself. In creating his devoted slaves, the Sea Org, he created an audience that believed every word he said. Now L. Ron Hubbard had an over-active imagination plus delusions of grandeur. The negative feedback he would obtain by being part of normal society was replaced by the positive feedback from his devoted followers. Through this his imagination got the better of him and combined with his delusions of grandeur, his thinking became increasingly bizarre which, on acceptance, led on to more bizarre thinking and the idea that he and Scientology had the job of saving the entire universe He wanted to take over the world in order to further Scientology s aims to save the universe and so branches of Scientology were set up to try to influence governments and gain positions where they could influence to world to a high degree. So what started out as a mass confidence trick backed up with brainwashing became a monstrous and insane organisation with fantastic, fanatical ideals. Because of this change, the Church of Scientology survived the death of their founder. It is like a runaway monster machine that tramples on society and peoples lives that is very difficult to stop.

Stop the Monster

The whole machinery called the "Church of Scientology" needs to be jammed somehow so that more people do not get sucked in and the people already in it have a chance to get out. We must not forget the people already in this "church". Although they are the ones perpetrating this crime they are also the victims. They need our help as well.

And here we come to the "War on the Internet".

The War on the Internet

The "War on the Internet" is the war between the Church of Scientology and Internet users who copy their documents and post them on the Internet.

The people who are copying their material and webbing it are using the huge accessibility of the world-wide web to get information out to people to warn them of the insanity and danger of this cult. They are doing it for the public good. The hope is that if they can get this information out to the public and make it broadly known then people will be forewarned and will not join the cult. If they can starve the cult of new members in this way then the whole organisation may collapse and then the existing members can be helped to return to society. But of course the people within the cult believe only their own founders interpretation of things so they use every means they can to stop this. Usually the method they use is harassment through lengthy and expensive legal processes. Sometimes it is physical harassment. Sometimes worse!

The people who post and host the copyrighted and confidential works of Scientology are risking themselves to help warn the public about the dangers of Scientology. They have a strong sense of public duty and care for their fellow men. They are breaking copyright laws it is true but they are acting out of conscience and out of high human ideals. As they get broken down by legal or physical harassment more rise to take their place.

I hope this short piece of mine is a befitting and deserving introduction to these people, the "Warriors of the Internet".

In an article to alt.religion.scientology 6. September 1998, [email protected] wrote:

Here's a short summary of my experience with $cientology.
Staff was very friendly with me as a student and pc, as long as I kept forking over the dough for services and "fund raisers."
I joined staff at an org and the attitude of other staff toward me got a little less than friendly.
I joined the Sea Org and put up with alot of crap from staff and LRH's policy because I thought I was helping myself and my fellow man.
I found out I was helping no one and hurting myself. I got out I began surfing the net and found many of my doubts and suspicions about the CO$ were very well founded.
I had been lied to and deceived by the CO$ in order to gain my trust, my money, my loyalty, and dedication to a lost and evil cause.
Now I am dedicated to voice my experiences and opinions of the cult of $cientology.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Both Scientology and the majority of modern psychiatrists are heavily under the influence of the Black Lodge.

The former is influenced by two very infamous Black-Magicians and uses mind-control; while the latter is materialistic and only serves to lead people further away from their Inner Being, by undermining the Divine attributes of the Monad.

Here we go again speaking about The Black Lodge like it's a fact. I've dealt with patients who sought to distance themselves from scientology. It's a cult. There is significant reprogramming involved. From what I could tell it was a money making scheme. Funny that Hubbard was on meds at the time of his death. I gues the thetas weren't leaving him fast enough.

As far as modern psychiatry being under the influence of a so called black lodge and leading people away from their inner being, it's ridiculous. There are so many schools of thought regarding modern psychology it's amazing. I don't find a level of consistency that any agenda is pushed down our throats. As far as using meds to drvie people away from their inner being that's bunk as well. The vast majority avoid dispensing meds if at all possible. And if you'd dealt with someone who has a crippling mental illness and I treated them with the appropriate meds and you saw them regain some sort of control of their lives as well as the ability to care for themselves and function socially, I don't believe you'd say I was leading them away from their inner being.

And if your true inner being is schizophrenic then perhaps I should move you away from that inner being.

Some people are unreal.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I don’t know much about Sciencetology except that they are a bunch of crazy people who brainwash, manipulate and take money from the vulnerable.

Can anyone tell me what their really about and what advice I could give my friend. He’s in a bad way now and suffered from mental illness in the past.

I know what your friend is going through, I lost some friends when i decided to become a scientologist. All i can tell you is what i went through so maybe you can better understand what is going on with your friend. At first i got a whole bunch of crap from some of my friends for going to the church, but they got over it after a while and saw that i was still the same person i just did something else 2 nights a week. But i had some friends that never really could handle the fact that i decided to take scientology courses. These people would act normal when they would hang out with me but when i was not around they were saying stuff very simmilar to what you are posted in the quote above to other friends of mine. And always they were so "worried" about me and saying how i "needed help" it was really just a load of crap and the truth is if you are running into this problem you have to look at yourself. Is your dislike for scientology stronger than your friendship?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Scientology is about 1 thing, and one thing only: MONEY

I'm sure there's some good scientologists, but sadly they are just letting themselves get fooled into that ponzie scheme.

Watch the following interview, and make your friend watch it!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Once when I was in London, I had some time to spare and went to one of their informal “personality tests”. It took me over an hour I they found that I was basically OK but could do better and the hard sell began. I then started to explain the connection between L Ron Hubbard and Crowley etc etc. and they did not know anything about it. I basically left without spending any money.

The real point is that I do not like cults or mind benders HOWEVER I suspect that your friend was a vulnerable individual and got hooked. Get him out before he gets into head problems.

He is better off talking things through with you if you are a real friend.

my 2ct

T

<< 1  2  3   >>

join