It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Pandemic Primer Booklets for Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"The key part to all of this is individual preparedness. The towns can be ready and the county can be ready, but to stop the spread, the key is individual preparedness," said Sagadahoc County Emergency Management Agency Director Misty Green. Sagadahoc County is delivering their booklets door-to-door. Missouri's guide for pandemic preparedness is online.

Sagadahoc prescribes door-to-door pandemic primer

The Sagadahoc County Emergency Management Agency has coordinated an effort to go door-to-door throughout the county that day to provide residents with pocket guides about preparing for a pandemic flu that some scientists consider to be not a matter of "if," but "when."

The individual preparedness detailed in the agency's guide ranges from everyday measures such as washing hands frequently with soap and water to more long-term plans, like compiling an emergency kit with 30 days' worth of food, water, medicines and disinfectants.

"The key part to all of this is individual preparedness," said Green. "The towns can be ready and the county can be ready, but to stop the spread, the key is individual preparedness."

Free booklet to help Missourians prepare for a possible influenza pandemic

There is much info on the Net about pandemic planning, and a dedicated survivalist forum here at ATS.

Please note: pandemic preparing and survival is somewhat different than survivalism in other circumstances.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well .. at least that state is doing something. I wish they all would. But of course .. we are dealing with politicians who do stuuuuuuuuuuuupid things like refuse to hand out nuke pills here because they are afraid people will panic.

Morons.

Be prepared. Have the usual month or two (or three) of canned food and water in the home. You all know the drill. Be prepared because the government won't be there. It will be up to YOU to take care of YOU.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
they're handing out pamphlets all over the place here in northern california as well. not to mention all the billboards and bus' advertising the website.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks FlyersFan, Lizzie.

Interesting to hear that California is handing out pamphlets - are they about bird flu, a general pandemic? What's the focus?

Thanks, sofi

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
In MA the Governor had information released to the public about how to prepare. Sadly, as is often the case, most people didn't pay it any attention.

Things like how to avoid spreading disease, warning signs and symptoms, and stocking up on non perishables.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Thanks FlyersFan, Lizzie.

Interesting to hear that California is handing out pamphlets - are they about bird flu, a general pandemic? What's the focus?

Thanks, sofi

they're about a flu pandemic. i wish i knew where i put the one i got so i could re-read it.

(edited spelling)

[edit on 6-1-2007 by lizziex3]

join