It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few creepy things :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
First of all this is my first post here, but I have been lurking for a while, very informative forum you all have here, cool stuff

So now I will tell you about something that has been bothering for the Past 2 years, I just had a dream with the creature I saw 2 yers ago and woke up ,which eventually led me here

I live in Northern Virginia ,and while there aren't too many forests here ,there is one close by and a small portion of it runs behind my house, I used to take walks there frequently because to me it was relaxing,nothing strange ever really happened til one when i was walking I saw what appeared to be a dog or a cat sniffing around, but then I guess I made it alert ,and stood up ,now i will try to describe this animal as best as i can , It was about the size of small cat but it was VERY muscular in build, especially the upper body it had a very large chest and large but short arms, it placed its hands in between its also muscular legs which were very short, Sort of looked like a gorillas chest with short rabbits legs. Its head was very flat and alost looked like it was an extension of the chest, there was no defined head shape at all, it had very small ear, you could barely notice them , Overalll it had short hair but on its face it looked to have somewhat of a mane like a bobcat would have,something really strange that I noticed is that it had no sign of a tail at all,not even a little stump where it might have been cut off or anything( of course I didnt get close enough to get a really good lok though)so that is what makes me think it is not a feline... the Scariest thing about this creature was the way it looked at me,its eyes were very definied pitch black and it stood motionless until I moved step after which it took off at a high speed, and it ran in a really strange way, it seemed to push with its forearms all the way back with its hind legs in the air, it almost looked like a little gorilla or a cheetah running. very strange, i have been in the woods many times after that wishing to see it again ,but i have never encountered it. If only
I had had a camera on me...so what do you all think of it,possibly a mutated wildcat with no tail? or are there any other creatures native around here that might resemble my description??

Now on to Story 2 , One night (6/6/06 actuallly
)I was sitting downstairs around 2 am when I heard the most evil scream of agony I hd ever heard in my life, it was the stereotypical sound of a woman being stabbed to death,I was of course scared and thought one of my neighbors had just been murdered
it stopped for about minute and I just brushed it off ,then I heard the same loud scream again but this time even louder, and I was inside my house .so i quietly went outside and after a while of waiting quietly outside the scream happened again and now I could hear how loud it actually was!!and to my surprise it came from the treetops,but I could see nothing there.It continued a few more times until I went to get my parents so that they could hear it too, as we were walking down the stairs we heard it a couple more times vaguely but when we got outside it never made a noise again, i assume whatever it was either left or was startled by the sound fo my parent. after some research of sounds of local animals the closest one I could find was a certain howl of a fox and to a lesser degree a great blue heron, but this sound was TOO human, the vocal chords sounded just like a screaming woman being murdered, there is no other way I can describe it. i've heard herons around here and while they do make weird noises ,they were never as human as this, and I dont think foxes hang in treetops
... any ideas on other animals that make very human like screaming.

Any ideas would be nice , thanks for your time. look forwrd to seeing what you all hve to say

~Jeremias

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
wow those are crazy stories. as far as the creature, i have no idea, but what was your dream? the screaming sounds like maybe just some evil spirit was "celebrating" 6/6/06 with you lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by evo80
wow those are crazy stories. as far as the creature, i have no idea, but what was your dream? the screaming sounds like maybe just some evil spirit was "celebrating" 6/6/06 with you lol.
the dream was really weird also didnt make much sense, from what i can remember I wa in the kitchen of my house and saw my rabbit ripping apart on the couches in the living room so I go and try to get it down and as soon as I turn the corner I saw the creature giving me the same stare it did when I saw it 2 years ago, it was almost cliche horror movie moment in my dream haha, I woke up out of breath and sweating... it was pretty intense.. and about the scream thing naaa all my demons were sleeping that night

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I would seriously cry if that happened,lol. Pretty freaky WHY DID YOU GO OUTSIDE -_- i would have my bible with me in the closet,lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The creature could've been a young bear, perhaps? It's a stretch. What do you mean by a "small cat"? Do you mean a housecat, or the so-called "small cats" of the wild variety (lynxes, bobcats, etc.)?

As for the scream, what you describe sounds a lot like a cougar. They're not technically native to Virginia anymore, but they did live there historically, and it wouldn't surprise me if one has migrated to that area or escaped from a private owner. People have made sightings in the eastern states. The mating cry of the female cougar is creepy as hell; it sounds like a woman being murdered. You can hear one here (you'll have to put the address into Internet Explorer), though recordings don't do justice. This would also account for it being in the trees, as cougars are avid climbers.

If it was indeed a cougar, you should definitely report it to your local wildlife office. Cougar sightings in your area are pretty rare and could be an indication of the cougar trying to make a comeback there.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Wolvaurynphamir]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
When a rabbit is injured badly it screams EXACTLY like a person. I have shot literally hundreds of them around the property as they are a danger to the crops an a pain in the pooper.
Anyways I swear it sounds like a person in complete agony when a rabbit screams. They will do it sometimes when being eaten by a predator.

Any rabbit hunters out there back this up?Its alwasy good to have a second source of info.

THIS VIDEO FROM YOUTUBEis a bad example but the first rabbit sceam is not to bad....They need to REALLY be scared or hurt to really scream.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Maybe someone was being murdered outside your house? An alien abduction perhaps?

As for the "cat", maybe it was bigfoot! Keep your camera out at all times!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The first sounds like a bobcat to me.

On the second, the first thing I thought of was a rabbit scream. The first time I heard one really freaked me out!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The first one, for some reason, says "groundhog" to me. They have the big feet and the weird posture when they stand erect. Small ears, sort of a no-neck body, little tails and ear, and like all rodents, bulgy black eyes.

The second, the screaming. Well, either way, there's an owl involved. There's a reason htey call them a "screech" owl, first off
Or, it could be that an owl got ahold of a rabbit, and hte rabbit didn't think two highly of it. But a rabit scream, while certainly one of the freakier noises made by a mammal, isn't very human-sounding (part of what makes it so freaky). So I'm going to bet it was just an owl, advertising it's A/S/L to all the pretty girl owls out that night, lol

join