It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We came from mars? theme was used during Athens Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Now why would they use this theme? thats enough for me.
Just go to this website, and read all the way through....its pretty amazing.

www.goroadachi.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wait I havent had enough beer to make that make any sense whatsoever. Give me a few hours.

I am still trying to associate ancient greek mythology with theoretical alien life on mars.

Try helping me out here. Other thain the strainge face that could also say that Pink Floyd has some unholy connection with these olympics, Mars, and Easter Island.

and the movie referance does little to promote any credibility to this claim.

Im not debunking that life existed on Mars. IMO life may have existed on that planet some time ago and now it's gone. But I doubt that the ancient greeks knew the story.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi Diddy!
If a web page with a theme about mars ,Alien life existing on other planets is enough for you to believe that we are from other planets, then I dont know what to say!
I do know that the Olympic games were held in Greece traditionally after the Gods.....from memory.
Also the area for the games were held, were once used for political use....again from memory.(correct me if I'm wrong)
OLYMPIA being a name given to one of the GODS.eg/Temple of Olympic Zeus.
All it is now, is tradition and nothing more.
Greece was a Pagan city once upon a time and although it is no more, it's traditions are still held by some who wish to believe in the many gods.

Merry Christmas to all...
helen

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Its very possible Mars did have more complex life in the past, and probably has microbial life forms today. With that said, billions of years ago a comet or asteroid could have impacted mars sending rocks and debris shooting into space, and carrying microbial life with it; eventually impacting Earth. Certainly, this could have been the building blocks and chain reaction needed to start life here on Earth .
Maybe this is what they were referring to.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by pompano]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
None of the images have any connection to Mars whatsoever.

The first and second images are an ancient Cyclades' idolian, i.e. a statue depicting some form of anthropomorphic god.

The third image is a Centaur, a mythological creature half human half horse.

The rest of the images are about the DNA helix; the pregnant woman symbolizes Greece giving birth to the modern civilization.

The other images are from a movie 'mission to Mars' or something like that; they can't be taken seriously, because movie producers often get their inspiration from ancient Greek mythology.

top topics

join