It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-faced Mars.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
In a world of people that believe anything like little green men living somewhere out there.........somewhere over the rainbow.......must feel stupid for believing in such a fantasy. Bubbles get bursted and then they need something else to believe in.

The image at left, captured by a Viking orbiter in the 1970s, sparked speculation that Martians had constructed a facelike monument peering into space. But the sharper image right, sent back in 1998 by Mars Global Surveyor, spoiled the effect.

Maybe this will suffice.

ALL IN ALL PICTURES ARE JUST AWSOME!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It seems to me as if people will believe in just about everything they hear, if it makes their lives a little more exciting.

Maybe the truth to all of these situation lies somewhere in that statement.....

I should say though, thats the first time I saw the clearer image. It confirmed my suspicions all along. Good pictures.

[Edited on 12/4/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Something about the sharper image just doesn't look right. Not saying it's a face, but theres noone to stop nasa from tampering.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It was hard to beleive that such a large face could ever be constructed. Shame though, that would have been incredible. Doesn't disprove any theorys on intelligent life though Patriot.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Something about the sharper image just doesn't look right. Not saying it's a face, but theres noone to stop nasa from tampering.

People look into things way too much. It isnt a face. There was no tampering. Something doesnt look right because you dont want it too. If you look at the bible long enough, you will see a code....if you look at mars for a sign of life long enough....you will find a face. That is what people do.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What you're doing is promoting to ignorance. You're saying accept things what they are for (no pun intended) face value. Youre sponsoring the idea that the world is mundane, that everyone should stop dreaming and stave off thoughts of things "fantastical". People like you have swiftly wilted the esoteric world. Please stop telling people what they should know, and further more, what they should think.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
No, there is something that makes it look "not right" and I know what it is... Look at the way the surrounding terrain "radiates" away from it... This gives the impression of image scrubbing, etc. but it's likely just the result of geologic forces that created the mountain. But, this feature is what is causing it to look doctored...but I don't think it is...maybe zzub could shed some light on it...

I've never bought into the face on Mars bit, but yeah, that is the first I've seen of the more detailed photo...great find!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Youre sponsoring the idea that the world is mundane, that everyone should stop dreaming and stave off thoughts of things "fantastical".

Please stop telling people what they should know, and further more, what they should think.

Without "fanstastical" thoughts and dreams nothing will be discovered or achieved. Good point GoreGrinder.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
It was hard to beleive that such a large face could ever be constructed. Shame though, that would have been incredible. Doesn't disprove any theorys on intelligent life though Patriot.

I NEVER SAID THAT IT DID DISSAPROVE! Wipe your feet before coming in to my thread and stomping shyt in here. IT would be cool to see something else out there BUT it also could be way out of our leauge.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE MOON? TO PROVE? WHAT?
MONEY IS BEING BURNT UP IN ROCKET FUEL SO THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE CAN HAVE G-FORCE THRILLS. WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED TO BENEFIT US, BESIDES SATELLITES, AND THAT THE SUN GIVES OF FLARES AND KEEPS US WARM AND HELPS OUR PLANT PRODUCE LIFE?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   

What you're doing is promoting to ignorance. You're saying accept things what they are for (no pun intended) face value. Youre sponsoring the idea that the world is mundane, that everyone should stop dreaming and stave off thoughts of things "fantastical". People like you have swiftly wilted the esoteric world. Please stop telling people what they should know, and further more, what they should think.

I am stating the truth. Ill say it again because I am entitled to my opinions (which are lodged securly in fact and science). People look into things too much. What I mean by that is..... When someone comes to an answer, for instance that the face on the moon is just a mountain. And it doesnt agree with their thoughts of aliens building it. They say it was tampered with, or no! I WONT BELIEVE THE FACTS. THEIR IS A CONSPIRACY!

That is ignorance right there. Not my statements. If you want to find your aliens, stop diluting the field of thought with insane theories and exagerated claims. As long as people are still doing things like this, it makes it nearly impossible to figure out whats really going on.

I never told you what you should think. I am just telling you the truth. If you dont like it you can stay in your world of the "fantastical". Weird, that has a great base word....FANTASY.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

I am stating the truth. Ill say it again because I am entitled to my opinions (which are lodged securly in fact and science). People look into things too much. What I mean by that is..... When someone comes to an answer, for instance that the face on the moon is just a mountain. And it doesnt agree with their thoughts of aliens building it. They say it was tampered with, or no! I WONT BELIEVE THE FACTS. THEIR IS A CONSPIRACY!

That is ignorance right there. Not my statements. If you want to find your aliens, stop diluting the field of thought with insane theories and exagerated claims. As long as people are still doing things like this, it makes it nearly impossible to figure out whats really going on.

I never told you what you should think. I am just telling you the truth. If you dont like it you can stay in your world of the "fantastical". Weird, that has a great base word....FANTASY.

LOL, your avatar denotes your mental level. I wasn't spreading insane theories. You barged into the thread slinging aside any thinking process and jumped right on the "it doesn't exist" train. Calm down, man. You're a little too bit high-strung. Funnier still, you base your right to opinion on the denouncing of others opinions. quite comical.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I would like to add one more thing to my previous statement. Imagination, fantasy, and deep thought is a wonderful thing. Use it often! It will make you smarter, more open minded, and occupied in your free time. But imagination is exactly that. You can dream up all the possible cover up alien stories you want. You can dream up all the transdimensional intergalactic wormholes you want. These things (even if they do exist in reality) all have one thing in common. They come from your imagination. They are not fact.

I think learning to seperate these thoughts from reality is important in the quest for knowledge. If you cant do it, you will get lost along the way.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

LOL, your avatar denotes your mental level. I wasn't spreading insane theories. You barged into the thread slinging aside any thinking process and jumped right on the "it doesn't exist" train. Calm down, man. You're a little too bit high-strung. Funnier still, you base your right to opinion on the denouncing of others opinions. quite comical.

You said that I was promoting ignorance. Which I wasnt. I just disagreed with you. (which I thought was allowed) I didnt barge in anywhere. I posted my opinion on a thread (which was different than yours, so I guess thats barging) My avatar denotes my mental level? So since you know what my mental level is, why dont you share it with me, and the rest of the thread?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   

LOL, your avatar denotes your mental level.

I'd wager that the majority of South Park fans are at least above average IQ....if not Mensa material...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

LOL, your avatar denotes your mental level.

I'd wager that the majority of South Park fans are at least above average IQ....if not Mensa material...

Ahh, but it's the choice of character, gazrok.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In other news today, a man in Lincoln, Nebraska took a Polaroid snapshot of god. Upon further investigation by officials it turned out to be a hoax, because we all know god doesn't exist. Back to you Barbara.

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by darklanser]

join