It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Sun's Core made of Iron???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
As I am fascinated by all things solar, I find this theory very intriguing. Although I need to read more about it to make a qualitative assessment for myself, it is nonetheless interesting. Even if he is right though, the theory will meet heavy resistance from astronomical frontal lobes...

Manuel is happy to go along with the standard idea of the sun producing heat by fusing together hydrogen nuclei. He claims, however, that this is not the prime source of the sun's energy. Instead, he says that lurking at the centre of the sun is an extremely hot remnant of a supernova - the explosion of a giant star that detonated before the solar system was born. Measuring just eight to 16 kilometres across, this remnant makes up most of the sun's mass, according to Manuel, and its chief constituent is iron.

www.smh.com.au...

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Quick set up a mining operation before anyone else does.Jk

Thats pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

During the 1920s, astrophysicists trying to explain the sun's brightness found that the sums worked out if the sun was about 65 per cent iron and 35 per cent hydrogen.

Annoyingly, however, there was another possibility, with just 1 per cent iron and 99 per cent hydrogen and helium.

He could be right, or he could be wrong.

It truly doesnt matter though, as the science community will shun him either way, as they tend to be set in their ways.

Interesting read, though.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I like the theory that there is a fusion reaction going on at the center of our earth. The crust is acting like a big shield so we never get any radiation exposure. It does explain alot, it will be interesting to see if anyone else can find some info on this.

www.vanderbilt.edu...
www.nobel.se...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I heard that black holes are just really uberdense lumps of solar iron that have a crazy gavitational field. Makes a little sense, doens't it?

join