It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: College Baseball 06 the video game is now available!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The new MVP 06 NCAA BASEBALL is out in stores. I don't know about any of you but I have been waiting forever for them to make a college baseball game.

Here is a link to the official website: www.easports.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
OOOH!!!

I'm gonna head out tomorrow for this bad boy. I'm still hooked on the NCAA Football '06... But I can't wait to bring my Huskers to my hometown of Omaha. *wink*

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This should be sweet. I have NCAA '06 Football for PS2 and I think Madden blows all of the NCAA Football games out of the water. But it is decent. Can't wait to play '06 Baseball. My team no longer has a baseball team, budget cuts and title IV forced the Cyclones to cut baseball. Oh well, played against Jeff Clement he is the catcher for USC, was drafted 2nd overall last year. So USC is my favorite college baseball team.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I got the game now... I'm originally from Omaha Nebraska so I'm pretty big on the college baseball thing. I decided to play as the Creighton Blue Jays... A school from Omaha and got them to super regionals... Texas Tech blew me away. It's a pretty cool game but I think this is a test version to see if EA sports really wants to put any money into it for future versions.

The potential for a great game is there for sure. But this game is lacking something. If you don't follow college baseball I'd try one of the other pro versions. It is a great game though as far as playability. It just doesn't catch that college baseball feel. No crazy fans... No mascots... Crowd noise is kind of dull... Nothing worse then cranking out a game winning homerun at home and barely hearing the crowd. But the game plays very nicely. Once you get the hang of the new batting system you will learn to love it.

All in all I think this is a market tester. EA sports is just seeing how well it sells. I hope it sells good enough for a second run next year. I'll buy it for sure. But I always go for the college versions before the pro ones. There is just something about the college versions I seem to like more.

join