It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just watched the Philadelphia Experiment movie over the weekend. I have been doing a lot of reading regarding this topic and was interested in watching the movie. I thought is was pretty chessy, being mostly a love story. I was just curious about the memeber opinions about the movie and the real Philadelphia Experiment

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Theres quite a few threads on this, do a look around and you'll find loads of info.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The buzz was that the movie was very close to the reality of what happened if you look at it in a general way.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Similiar to true-life? Yeah, right...

And with the comment "alot of threads, search"? Have you tried using the search? Have you seen the results that come up on the Philadelphia Experiment? How many of those results actually talk about this? Not too many (I've tried).

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards it being an actual experiment in warping space/time (especially involving the likes of Einstein, and Tesla's research). I feel it was partially successful, but sabataged be Tesla, but then later revived into the Montauk project.....

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I just watched the Philadelphia Experiment movie over the weekend. I have been doing a lot of reading regarding this topic and was interested in watching the movie. I thought is was pretty chessy, being mostly a love story. I was just curious about the memeber opinions about the movie and the real Philadelphia Experiment

thats a coincidence. I have been putting a lot of thought into that topic also.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Check out Al Bielek's site if you want more info on the Philadelphia Experiment as well as other juicy Government projects.
Al Bielek

Bielek supposedly is ,or was, Ed Cameron who was one of the scientists working on the Philadelphia Experiment. After some incedents he states that the government used advanced technology to regress him back to that of a child and send him back in time. He slowly realized who he was originally, but it wasnt until he met Duncan Cameron later on (Duncan was Ed's brother and another government scientist) that it all came back to him.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

These guys were part of the Philadelphia Experiment

Philadelphia/Montauk Experiments

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
Check out Al Bielek's site if you want more info on the Philadelphia Experiment as well as other juicy Government projects.
Al Bielek

Bielek supposedly is ,or was, Ed Cameron who was one of the scientists working on the Philadelphia Experiment. After some incedents he states that the government used advanced technology to regress him back to that of a child and send him back in time. He slowly realized who he was originally, but it wasnt until he met Duncan Cameron later on (Duncan was Ed's brother and another government scientist) that it all came back to him.

ACK!! You beat me to it, i hadn't read your post

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by Sapphire

haha sorry, as soon as I saw this topic I thought of Bielek's story.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren

originally posted by Sapphire

haha sorry, as soon as I saw this topic I thought of Bielek's story.

No problem

What did you think of Bieleks experiences? It's a pretty wild website, i contacted the guy on it once and spoke to him, al's phone is always full up with messages so its nearly impossible to get a hold of him.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
From what I remember, the experiment was supposed to see if it's possible to make a ship invisible to radar. They used a magnetic field and when they turned it on, it made the ship almost dissapear, so they turned up the power. The ship dissapeared and reappeared like a 100 miles away for a few seconds. When they turned it off, the ship reapeared, but many of the crew were sick. Some crew members disappeared, and some fused with parts of the ship. I thinks that's it, or I'm confusing it with something else. I did a search on it a couple months ago.

top topics

join