It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog on a chip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A new device called a "dog on a chip" may combine the benefits of technology and nature by not only detecting dangerous or illicit substances but by providing the electronic equivalent of a dog barking..

link

Where will technology takes us next? Dogs out of jobs 1st,could be us next..

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Who said that dogs have the best noses anyways?

What about pigs?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that one!

I read about it; interesting tech. But I don't think it's going to put the dog out of a job just yet.
In some cases, the dog is always going to be preferred to a chip.

Just imagine tracking some perp through the bushes at night with "Dog on a Chip." How eager is the perp going to be if you yell at him "Halt! I've got a chip!"

There's nothing like the good, loud bark of an enthusiastic German Shepherd to make some folks VERY cooperative!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Thanks for posting that one!

I read about it; interesting tech. But I don't think it's going to put the dog out of a job just yet.
In some cases, the dog is always going to be preferred to a chip.

Just imagine tracking some perp through the bushes at night with "Dog on a Chip." How eager is the perp going to be if you yell at him "Halt! I've got a chip!"

There's nothing like the good, loud bark of an enthusiastic German Shepherd to make some folks VERY cooperative!

or a pitbull for that matter

a pitbull is likely to tear a german shepherd to shreds in a few minutes, think of the damage done to a human in a few seconds

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No more code talk! There is no reason that all who share this place
should feel the need to hurt themselves more than we all have already. every crime is punishable by the knowing it could happen again if one were not careful....by the way, they are human beings, not pets, and they are not afraid! Ohh edit, I almost forgot, is it inadequecy that you employ to rise up in self from a low or is it that you really are better than others somehow. I may be deaf but my spirit hears every word you say!

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Lucifer]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Uh oh....someone is off their medication today....

Uhmm...I'll still use a dog...thanks....

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
What ever happened to this? Did the drug cartel's not like the idea! This technology could be used at ever border/police car and eventually maybe used on satellites to get a full picture of were the drugs are hiding.
This technology could be a real help in the fight against drugs.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyrus

Most pit bulls I've seen won't even fuss with my German Shepherd. Their teeth, confidence, and posture make other dogs think twice about picking a fight. Then, if they do get aggressive, one bark will make them tuck their tails.

I think if you put them in a pit, the pit bull would have an advantage, thus the name... When they have to fight, they can sustain severe damage and keep focus on killing.

Chips can replace the nose of a dog, but they cannot replace their personalities...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think we have gone off track a little. We are not saying the chips will replace dogs, what we are saying they will be used in sniffing out drugs at borders and on people.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreameruk
This technology could be a real help in the fight against drugs.

My concern is that this technology could be a real help in the fight against people...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think it has more positives than negatives, alot more. Drug cartels would go out of business within days. Imagine bomb sniffing chips added to shopping centres and airports.
It just seems odd that this technology has been pushed to one side when it has the power to change the world for the better.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dreameruk

There is probably a reason for that. Some governments profit substantially from the drug trade. Thus we can't have the drug detectors become widespread.

join