It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rush Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Sorry but I have no link as this was a story e-mailed to me...

Several years ago, Dan R. had a short and violent encounter with a strange biped near the Big Sandy River in Kentucky. While attending the Ashland Community College with friend David W., Dan learned of a strange creature called the Rush Monster- known for its inhabiting of the Rush, Kentucky area near the Straight Creek. Fueled by the strange tales of the area and the closeness of the West Virginian Mothman stories, Dan and David joined fellow friend Shawn K. to do a bit of monster hunting. Using an old Willies Jeep that Shawn had, the trio traversed the abandoned logging and mining areas of the local countryside during the night. For several months, the group didn't encounter anything unusual... (read more)
...they passed the time by rambling around the roadless terrain, shooting guns and discovering areas they had never been. Until one night.
As Dan reminds us, "Bear in mind I did not at the time believe in any of this stuff, but after that night I still do not know what to think.
During the summer of either 1984 or 1985, the trio had gone to a local area known as "The Castle," the namesake coming from a lone hill that rose from the ground without an accompanying ridge or drop off. Throughout the night, the guys had been using white gas lanterns that had eventually heated considerably . Wanting to check out a new spot, they deposited the lights at The Castle to cool and continued on to visit a recently uncovered graveyard that had been found several nights before.
After locating and walking around the graveyard for some time, the group decided to collect their equipment and head in for the night. On the way back to their lanterns, with Shawn driving the Jeep, Dave in the passenger seat and Dan in the back compartment, Shawn caught sight of something near The Castle. Using a powerful spotlight that was mounted on the Jeep, Shawn focused on the apparent creature while screaming, "Sweet Jesus Christ!"
Pulling out his .45 automatic, Shawn opened fire on the creature. As Dan turned to see the action, he saw a large hairy biped running up a hill. With Shawn screaming for support, Dan opened fire with his bolt action rifle. With both men being excellent shots, they thought the animal would be severely injured. After the creature disappeared into the foliage, the scared trio quickly drove home.
Needless to say, the guys rearmed and kept their firearms close at hand for the rest of the sleepless night. Returning the next day, they found several casings from their .45 and 8mm Mauser but no trail or proof of the creature.
A bear? As Dan points out, "bears do not run on their hind legs" even though the "black bear [was] starting to make a comeback in that part of the state." At this point, the case of the Straight Creek Monster is still open.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wow, cool story. Like a war story or something "I need support dammit!" as the thing runs away.... But interesting anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a bit trigger happy

good story

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Was it the band "Rush"? Now that would be scary. I hate "Rush".

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
LMAO!

Imagine....... creeping through the aboreal forest with your rifle...... searching for some sign of its continued existence...... and then you see it............ RUSH!
"Open fire boys, don't let em get away!!!" *15 seconds of heavy gunfire* You approach the corpses........
"Kick As$, those bastards won't be putting out another CD!"

ID

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Tracked down a link for ya, unfortunately there is no elaboration to what you posted, simply the same story.

www.meta-religion.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I dunno. I mean, I guess it's possible it happened and all. But it just seems to me like the whole thing played out too much like a comic book or action movie.
Don't ask me why, but I seriously doubt it happened like described here if it happened at all. Just too "hollywood".

But thats just me...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   

At Roachdale, Indiana some three dozen people encountered the huge red-eyed beast over a period of 7 weeks. It all started after a luminous light came down and silently blew up over a cornfield next to Lou Rodgers' home. This being could run over mud and not leave a track. Sometimes you could see through it. It ripped apart 170 chickens and on one occasion several gunners poured a volley of shots at it with no effect. .....

The fact that the para-apes have been hit by so much hot lead with no effect is important in our understanding of the transitory state of their presence on the earthly plane. I record 26 such instances. When hit, the para-ape may swat like swatting at a fly, or some have screamed and run. ...

At Uniontown, Pennsylvanie, a woman fired from six feet away at one that had its hands up but was approaching. The blast into its midsection from a 16-gauge shotgun caused it to vanish in a flash of light....

One night two para-apes moved nearer by the barn. Ray Davis, the farmer, tried to talk to them and gave them five minutes to come out in the open. The time passed in silence and the men opened up close range. Davis used a 12-gauge Moss burg with pumpkin ball shells, and was sure he didn't miss. The fusillade sent the creatures in screaming retreat. In the morning nothing but bullet holes were found.

www.abduct.com...

Maybe the Rush Monster is related to these other critters

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
hey!!!!......i'm rather fond of RUSH!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thanks for all the input on this story. I haven't been able to locate anything else on this legend other than the same story in different places. There are local legends surrounding this area of KY reguarding a large white beast with glowing red eyes and have been since I was 6 years old. I know of one person who claims to have spotted the creature looking in here livingroom window one night. I also know of a couple others who were making an abulance run one night in the same region who caught a fleeting glimpse of such creature. Now that I have just moved back into the area, maybe I can keep my ears open for any recent sightings. Not sure if this creature is connected to this Rush Monster but it might be. The two areas are but 50 miles apart.

Its tough to tell if any of these are credible because this area of the Appalachia has always been alive with tales of the supernatural and paranormal. Most of them are legends created to scare away those who might have stumbled upon moonshine stills back in the 20s I suspect but some may be credible. Its so hard to distiguish. I think I will reserve belief until I lay my own eyes on the thing..hopefully, I'll have a camera.

new topics

top topics

join