It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these scars?

page: 1

join
share:
Wig

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There is a sticky at the top of the forum, that asks you to search before you post new posts including google sat image type posts. There's a problem here in that you cannot search for an image. I found near the top of the forum a thread specifically for the purpose of posting new image results, I posted there thinking it was the correct thing to do, yet despite over 100 extra views on the thread no one responded.

So I am posting a new thread in the hope that 1 of 2 things might happen either...some kind mod will close my thread and direct me to where these have been discussed already, or people might feel inclined to comment.

Near Roswell NM, I see some massive features stretching for miles. They look like isoceles triangles. But they don't look man made. i.e they are not triangles drawn into the desert. I can only describe it as though a meteor shower struck at this location and as the meteors hit they hit at a shallow angle to the Earths surface, so the effect was spread outwards from the impact point outwards in a triangular shape.....imagine what would happen if you threw a bag of flour hard at the ground, it would burst and spread outwards and away from you. well these shapes I found are like that. **Edit disclaimer Meteor fields are eliptical so it doesn't exactly mimick a meteor pattern***

maps.google.co.uk...,-103.557129&spn=1.05455,1.851196&t=k&om=1

Any ideas what these are? What is the scientific explanation for them? For they have to have been discussed by American Geologists...after all they appear to be milllenia old features, and not some top secret military feature.

Google has deliberately bleached out all the colours at the greater zooms so that you cannot view these features at greater zooms, you can also not see a lot of other stuff due to this bleaching.

However, it is still possible to see theses striations at greater zooms in some places like this for exaample

maps.google.co.uk...,-103.534749&spn=0.002059,0.003616&t=h&om=1

That should be a zoom in on a fenced off area, look at the lower right hand corner of the fence, very close by is a line in the dirt going roughly "West by South West" to "East by North East". It can be seen that to the South of this line the land appears lighter than to the North,, I don't know, but it seems to me to be lacking vegetation.

Now zoom out and you will see that this line is part of one of the larger of these striation features.

If anyone lives near there perhaps they could go and find out what is different to make this viewable from space, and also go to see some of the other oddities. For example why are these striations sometimes having sharp angled corners? What are the dark patches we can see within the light areas? Possibly where the land dips down into a hollow.

What is the name of this region?
Are there any University with important geography departments that I ca email or other institutions dealing with Geography who could be emailed? Mapping companies perhaps.

Does anyone have knowledge of how to use other sat images such as "earth Explorer" to get other images of these. please link to other images of these scars.

Thanks

Wig

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey this could be a conspiracy waiting to happen. Why not some knowledgeable folk say what they are or do some investigating.

I have found out that the whole area is an oil field, all those little squares are pumping stations.

Or it could evidence of ancient indian stuff. Don't you want to find out?

Wig

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Very dissappointing your lack of response, lack of reasoning, lack of investigation.

here are some new links those 2 above don't work anymore for some reason. These two links are the same respective to those given above. i.e. the close up is the same. in the second link.
Link 1

link 2

So look below you can see the image has been deliberately bleached out in this area, exactly where this truck is where the colour goes from dark to light on the higher altitude photos.

link 3

Here's another good spot to see the scars do exist on the ground level photographs, it's just this whole are has been deliberately bleached out so you don't see them very easily, but you can clearly see them here ... lines in the dirt, when you zoom out you can see these scars in colour.

link 4

If anyone lives nearby why don't you go and take a look one weekend?

[edit on 9/8/2007 by Wig]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
thats correct the OP's links don't work but wig i can't get your links to work either.
but i do want too check out what you guys are talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Link 1

Link 2

Use the Insert a Hyperlink button, the world icon above the post box.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have seen some of these features, from ground level, near Albuquerque, New Mexico. They appeared to be erosion features caused by a heavy localized storm downpour. In each case, they have a starting point and a direction of flow corresponding to the slope of the landscape. From an aerial perspective they almost look man-made, but on the ground they just look like flood channels.

Wig

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If you look on link 3 above the one with the truck, you zoom out of that one and you see the flood would have crossed not only the road (ok it may not have been there when the flood happened) but it also crossed over what looks to me to be a river valley which is near the truck on the North side of the road. I find it hard to believe that these floods are 5 miles wide and 30 miles long, crossing over river valleys.

I need a topographic map of the area.

Thanks for your help.

top topics

join