It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls from the WTC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Whilst replying to a thread re 9/11 I asked what became of all the mobile calls from people above the impact floors, it begs a number of questions.

1. People above the impact were obviously unhurt and many calls were made to loved ones.

2. One presumes the structure must of been intact on the floors that they were on.

3. They assumed that they were going to be rescued and would likely have relayed the ongoing situation in real time to their relatives.

4. Unaware of the impending collapse they would have heard any post impact explosions and again one would expect this info to be relayed to relatives.

5. Hundreds of calls would have been made right up to the point of collapse, these poor souls must have relayed much info to their relatives.

6. Other than a few sanitised recordings I have not heard anything re the above.

7. Have family members been told to keep quite about these matters, have they been threatened, bribed or coerced into keeping quite.

8. If observers outside the buildings said they heard or saw explosions then those on the inside must have.

9. The people trapped above the impact floor tried to escape, did any relay any info regarding seeing anything suspicious while they tried to escape.

10. Why have we only heard of the lets rock mobile call but very little else.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
As I recall, so many people across the country (and especially in NYC) were trying to make cell phone calls on 9/11 that the system was nearly overloaded. Authorities even requested that people avoid using their cell phones just to free up space for those involved in the rescue and recovery. So it stands to reason that some, or most, of those in the towers who tried using their cell phones may have been unable to do so. There's also the possibility that electrical wires and phone lines were severed due to the plane's impact, and prevented some folks from being able to make calls on land lines. That's just a possibility that I'm considering, so for all I know it probably didn't happen that way.

You also have to consider all of the smoke and heat that was rising above the impact point to where these survivors were. Unless I had exhausted all efforts searching for an exit, then I doubt I would have tried making any phone calls. I'd only try making phone calls if I needed to be rescued or if I thought death was absolutely imminent and I wanted to speak to my family and loved ones.

Regardless, the phone calls that may have gone through generally wouldn't have even been recorded unless they were messages left on someone's voicemail or if they were made to a person working for a company that records all of its phone calls as a general business practice. Even if calls were recorded, they're private. It's none of my business, or your's, or anyone else's to listen to unless the family chooses to make it public. I doubt that I'd want a deceased relative's last phone call, that includes them pleading for their lives, to be all over the internet.

Sorry, but I doubt the smoking gun you're looking for even exists. The chances that someone heard or saw explosions unrelated to the plane crashes, and made a phone call discussing it that happened to be recorded even exists. And if it did exist then the government probably would have gotten a hold of it or pressured the family to keep it quiet long ago anyways.

Just my humble opinion. But you brought up some good ideas. Something like this could very well be solved by thinking outside the box.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hi Ras, I here what your saying but if the phone lines were jammed its very convenient how certain calls did get through and were used by the Media/Goverment. Yes there is a good chance that land lines may have been damaged but they may have not been so people could use them and send e-mails. A few years back a Japanese plane crashed killing all on board but the passengers and crew new 20 minutes beforehand that they were going to crash and they spent that time contacting loved ones.

As far as hearing distressing calls we hear them alot now on emergency channels dont we. These people did not think they were going to die as far as they were concerned they were trapped in a building and could see the emergency services and they had sufficient time to make messages well before the lines were jammed.
I'm not looking for a smoking gun persee but rather a missing piece of the jigsaw and a very important one.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Realisticly there had to be a few 911 calls that got out. Someone had to be on their cell the moment the WTC was hit and there has to be a record of it.

This record probably isnt an actual voice recording as (we would hope) that not every cell phone conversation is recorded somewhere.

The towers were notorious for bad cell phone reception. Many people could not get cell phone calls out within the towers because of the construction of the towers. Most high rise buildings have major trouble with cell phone reception. You literaly have to be next to a window to get a signal. Honestly do you think that someone above the point of impact would trust being near a window?

If you got a cell call out it was probably due to the coverage plan you had, the existing relay on top of the WTC, and the type of cell phone that you used. Other thain that there probably does not exist an actual voice recording of the event due to the fact that not all cell phone transmissions are recorded.

There is probably a paper trail of cell phone conversation times and numbers that exist in databases. These records would only provide the name of the cell phone subscriber. the time that they called, the number that they called and the duration of the call itself.

Their are probably no recorded sounds from the actual event itself. as those sounds would have to have been pre set up by the person calling.

Although the list of calls outbound of the WTC would be somewhere. however the person that they called if they were to get a call out would have testified before the 911 commission about this.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There was a ton of calls being made from the towers before they collasped. On one video i watched ( off hand I can't remember the name) I heard a recording of one man in the tower on a floor above the plane crash talking as the towers fell, it was alittle hard to listen to. But I know there was many calls talking of expolsions below the people calling. I will try to get the name of the video and post it. Also I downloaded a torrent of a radio show from 9-11 and the phone calls the were getting from people who got out talk of explosions on basement levels just befor they got out. No real hard evidence but this show was on while everything was happening and it is raw and uncut. I think some of the 9-11 video from the news channels has been edited over the years!
Sorry if I got off topic a bit.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by PLUMBER1]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I remember the last minute or two of the 911 Mysteries DVD. It recorded a guy on his phone talking to someone. If I remember correctly he was on the 109th floor. He last mentioned about the broken glass windows, then explosions, and him yelling, "Oh God Oh God" and I could hear others screaming just before the collapse wiped them out.

Oh man, that just shook me to the core of my being. I listened to it a couple of times.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by notsosmart]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I heard that call too. It was a 911 call. I felt so bad for him...and so bad for the operator who was talking to him. She remained so calm during such a difficult time.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have read that most of the families of 911 victims "received compensation" (read "bribed) from the govt. I would imagine it was hush money.

The thing I find interesting in all of this, is that the people were ABOVE the explosions and yet were still alive. How could that have happened unless there were explosives planted on the lower levels of the WTC?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
I have read that most of the families of 911 victims "received compensation" (read "bribed) from the govt. I would imagine it was hush money.

The thing I find interesting in all of this, is that the people were ABOVE the explosions and yet were still alive. How could that have happened unless there were explosives planted on the lower levels of the WTC?

Hi Forest Lady...

Yes the familes of those lost did receive compensation...You are claiming they were "bribed?" If so, can you back up those allegations with some evidence? "Hush" money you added... Can I ask you ...if that was your spouse, sibling, child, parent, friend.. or what ever... could you be hushed? I know I can't. Never would I put a price tag on the lives of those that I love.

As far as your second paragraph....there were many people trapped in the floors above the impact point. What does that have to do with there being explosives in the lower levels??

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ever hear of a Faraday Cage? Look it up. Most buildings have horrible reception, especially high rises.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yes Ihave and do you remember seeing all those people with their heads sticking out of the WTC and its convenient that the lets rock call got thorugh but others allegedly did not.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh, trust me I'm not attacking you, just giving you a plausible idea. I agree with you about the let's roll call, and all that jazz. People calling from cell phones miles above the ground? When I was in New York I couldn't get service on the top floor of the Rockefeller tower, which was only about 70 some stories, so that was always fishy to me.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by LionHeaRT]

join