It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does this reporters say explosion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Listen to this woman say another explosion or airplane based on what she saw on live from the helo camera, until she realize her mistake.

00:44 time.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by deltaboy]

7:08 time, explosion mushroom cloud. Another reporter.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Although I have my own assumptions and belief on that day, in the sense of 'debunking' the official word of the government, those were all "of-the-day" reports of explosions.

If we were to take that as credited information in the 9|11 Truth Movement, the debunkers of the movement would put that against us as discredited information.

So in order to avoid that, we need to avoid a majority of assumptions from news reports that day of the pandemoneum and use straight science to prove certain theories that have been brought up.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
she didnt know what it was. Hell i thought missiles hit the wtc when i first saw the video, it was just in the moment, dont take it to mean "she accidentally slipped out the truth...."

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Think About IT
she didnt know what it was.

Exactly. When I first heard of this, I was preoccupied and I thought they said that the WTC had been bombed. I was actually only registering "WTC", and recalling the prior bombing incident. In my mind, I was thinking, "again?".

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
here is a new(ish) video clip where a loud explosion can be heard

only 17 seconds long but powerful

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There is a difference between being confused and hearing an explosion.

Not fully understanding what's going on around you does not contribute to hearing or seeing things that are not really there. Especially when firefighters are talking about explosions knocking them down, or janitors and engineers are talking about different blasts that knocked out structure, they're talking about things they've actually experienced. You don't look at a building with smoke coming out and suddenly have memories of blasts that never happened.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I dont think we need to question weather or not people heard or saw anything....We do need to consider what in fact they did see or hear. That is a lot easier said than done.

The WTC was made up of a very elaborate electrical system. There were two electrical systems one that originated at the electrical substation at WTC7 That carried over 13.8 Kilovolts (13,800 volts) This power is then "stepped down" to a usable voltage. ie: 277/480 volts for lighting and motors. or 110/208 for electrical outlets, computers, office equipment etc.. The step down transformers are throughout almost every commercial building.
When these transformers fail due to water..damage...or other short circuits...watch out! The results can be catastrophic. I worked in a Hotel that was only 2 years old when water leaked down on top of a transformer. The initial explosion and fire resulted in the melting of the entire switch gear room. There was no emergency power available becasue the Automatic Transfer Switch was in the same room as the Normal Power transformer and melted down with the rest of the equipment. So, no stairwell pressure fans, no firepump for the sprinklers, and ZERO emergency lighting.

Anyway, people heard the transformer explode and thought there was a bomb in the building. Here are a couple pictures of some transformers that exploded. Im not sure of the KVA rating... ( kilovoltamp) as compared to waht was in the WTC. Just trying to give a general idea as to what it looks like.

This was manhole that exploded killing a woman.

This video goes along with the above picture..turn on your speakers!
video.google.com...

So, is it possible people heard transformers blowing up? IMO, yes. The collasping of steel also makes a very erie sound that can sould like "bombs going off".

Here is a video of I believe its "Big Blue" collapsing. Again, turn your speakers on and listen at around 43 -44 seconds.

video.google.com...

I posted on another thread in regards to William Rodriguez's ORIGINAL story he told to CNN late September 11th. In part:

"We heard a loud rumble, then all of a sudden we heard another rumble like someone moving a whole lot of furniture," Rodriguez said. "And then the elevator opened and a man came into our office and all of his skin was off."
archives.cnn.com...

This is a little different from the other stories he tells. I am not accusing this man of lying, he did save lives that day. His story did change...for what reason, I dont know. He mentions nothing about explosions under his feet...which i find interesting. What he DID say was the rumble sound...like furniture moving. Could this be the sound of the mysterious fireball? I dunno?

Anyway...jujst my late night 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
When these transformers fail due to water..damage...or other short circuits...watch out! The results can be catastrophic.

So what caused short circuits in transformers in the basements, or other lower floors, totally spaced from the impacts?

We can rule out about everything I can possibly think of that could've caused transformers to blow. If there was a surge of current, for god-knows-what reason, then breakers would have tripped and you would have opens rather than shorts. If there was somehow a heat-related failure at any point in the system, you would similarly have an open, not a short. Essentially, shorts would have to occur awfully damned close to the transformers themselves or else a circuit breaker would have done its job. (For clarification in case anyone's wondering, this means safety features built into these things are tripped, and electricity is totally cut off, just like when you blow a fuse in your house or car.)

And if any of them did explode in the lower-levels where so many explosions were reported, then where is the intense fire, pouring out black smoke, as you show above? This is what transformers tend to do when they do explode. They catch fire, and the smoke is very dark.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Typically circuit breakers will trip during a short or for over current protection. But circuit breakers are mechanical and fail often. Being in the electrical industry I have witnessed it several times. There was a company called FPE (Federal Pacific) That had a line of Electrical Switch Gear and Breakers that failed constantly. That being said, I can't say if any breakers failed at all. Heck, I dont even know if the primanry power was still on post impact.
What does happen, OFTEN is that a short circuit can pass a primary breaker and the short can continue to the next disconnecting means. ie: you put a nail through a wire in your house. Most of the time you see a little spark show and the circuit breaker for that circuit trips. Sometimes, this short can actually cause the breaker to fail, OR the short can carry to the main circuit beaker. This can also happen with larger electrical equipment.
What I've also seen was phase to phase short circuits ( you have 220 volts across two wires 110 volts each...those two wires make contact with each other) This creates quite a bang. This could happen across the primary or the secondary side of the transformer that could have been subject to the physical damage of the plane impact or other debris, and or fire.

Now, my guess is the transformers were located within the core areas of the building. If they were to fail, explode. This does not mean you would necessarily get black smoke. Oil cooled Xfmrs I assume would cause the dark smoke. Air cooled Xfmrs dont have the oil that would casue this. ( this is pure specualtion)

Anywhoooo I will look into this a bit more. I would like to know if there was power up on these floors, or if it was on Emergency power.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by CameronFox]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm glad this thread has gone so peacefully. It just amazes me how many people think a bomb is the only thing that can explode. I've said all along the electric and water systems that were in the buildings are MASSIVE. Thousnds and thousands of amps and tens of thousands of gallons of water that only reacts one way with gravity. The water system alone had the potential ov nearly 450 PSI in the basement. The water and electric both would have safties but they could only handle sooo much at such a rapid rate, then you may expect them both to be using the same passageways so your mixing electricity and clean water sewage and gas.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BANG BANG BOOM

mikell

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
What I've also seen was phase to phase short circuits ( you have 220 volts across two wires 110 volts each...those two wires make contact with each other) This creates quite a bang. This could happen across the primary or the secondary side of the transformer that could have been subject to the physical damage of the plane impact or other debris, and or fire.

Griff may have more information on this, but I'm pretty sure large transformers are not allowed above certain floors in buildings for safety reasons. This would also only cause an explosion localized to the impacted floors.

join