It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a no-longer extinct cryptid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
the tazmainian tiger was a crazy creature in its day...with its reverse stomach pouch and such died off many years ago...till now....i have read in several places ones may have been spootted aroung tazmania and in the jungles of south america [donno about SA] but still if you can find these articles tell me i always get te emails but the get deleted on accident

[url=http://www.martinsquest.com/images/tazmanian_tiger.jpg]
here is a pic

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I copied and pasted the link but it didn't work, so I tried putting it on the thread so people can just click it. I didn't know if you knew how to do it or not (I noticed that you are fairly new here) so I did it for you.

Tazmanian Tiger

And sorry, I don't know of any articles right off hand, but I might give it a go later.

Peace,

Pancho

[edit on 23/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I remeber hearing that aussies were gonna try to clone the taz tiger. I will try to dig up a link.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
I remeber hearing that aussies were gonna try to clone the taz tiger. I will try to dig up a link.

www.austmus.gov.au...

Originally posted by I_AM_OVERLORD1
...i have read in several places ones may have been spootted aroung tazmania and in the jungles of south america [donno about SA]

Where there ever Taz tigers in South America or SA??????

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_OVERLORD1
...i have read in several places ones may have been spootted aroung tazmania and in the jungles of south america [donno about SA]

Where there ever Taz tigers in South America or SA??????

not that I know of but they MIGHT have seen them...that is why i said i dont know

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They could still exist, theres places we have not been yet, some people say the Dodo still exists on certain islands.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Never heard the South American variant before, but there have many sightings from reliable sources over the years, including photographs and fur samples.

The jury is still out on whether it is really 'extinct' or not.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazard
They could still exist, theres places we have not been yet, some people say the Dodo still exists on certain islands.

Wow I hope they do exist. Also that would be a real slap in the face of scientists that think they know it all.

I could see a scientist debating: do I tell the world about the dodo I found or do I kill it to save the ego and reputation of the scientific community?

This Taz tiger is a unique looking critter and I hope he makes it. I don't think I want to run into him in the dark though.

He looks like some animals I've seen from Africa before but I don't know the name.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I myself thinks it still exists in Australia.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The Tasmanian tiger was found only in Tasmania (an island off the southern coast of Australia) and never in South America. It became extinct so easily due to the fact that it had a very limited territory.

On a side note... the ONLY marsupial (animals with pouches on their stomach like the Kangaroo) found outside of Australia is the opossum.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Borhyaenidae

These Marsupials lived in South America, During the Miocene period.
Some varieties described as doglike.

Perhaps these animals are not completely gone?
South America had a pretty diverse population of Marsupials back in those days too.

In fact, there is still an ongoing arguement regarding a common ancestor with the
With the Thylacines..

[edit on 1-12-2006 by spacedoubt]

[edit on 1-12-2006 by spacedoubt]

join