It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jersey Devil Searching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I plan on going Jersey Devil searching with a friend. I'm very skeptical. Does anyone know of any sites with recent sightings, etc? Thanks alot!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I heard that the best place to hunt for it is in the Jersey Pine Barrens.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Pine Barrens is a fairly large section of New Jersey, I'm assuming the poster was looking for a more specific area.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Good luck! Make sure you bring a camera in case you get lucky.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
From what I've read, popular places for the "Jersey Devil" are Leads Point, New Jersey (where the old remains of the house where the Jersey Devil is said to have been born) and also The Blue Hole is another good spot. Again, this is from what I've read not anything personal.

Does anyone know when the last JD sighting was?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Oops, sorry please delete this post.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by AndyM3]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Just be careful, don't just start traipsing out in the wilderness without the proper equipment and knowledge.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yes for godsake take a radio, a cellphone, and strobe. Getting lost in the woods up there would be no fun, (it might even turn into another Blair Witch style movie).

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Any time I'm in the woods I bring something like an axe with me. Hey, it's big, heavy, and it's pretty much a royal pain in the ass to lug everywhere. But I'd rather have a 15 pound axe by my side than nothing if I were to come across a dangerous wild animal or a crazy person in the woods.

You never know what you'll find back in the woods, any woods, any where. You're going searching for the Jersey Devil, but I'd say you have a much bigger chance getting mauled by a bear than finding the mythical creature. So yeah, carry an axe, handgun, stun gun, anything big enough to do some damage. Everything and anything can be found in the woods.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
Yes for godsake take a radio, a cellphone, and strobe. Getting lost in the woods up there would be no fun, (it might even turn into another Blair Witch style movie).
I forgot, you should bring flares also, & glowsticks are useful.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
What is a Jersey devil? Why would you think one exists? Seems like there is alot of unrealistic speculation going on here, first off about the woods, you are better off with a compass and a space blanket, than you are with a 15 pound axe. Come on, you are worrying about the boogie man when you should be worrying about getting lost and getting dead from exposure.

There is in no Jersey devil to find. But if you are going to go fooling around in the woods, leave the self defense gear behind and focus on the real issues.

Getting disoriented and lost. Gps locator, cell phone, compass(At least if you dont know how to use one in concert with a map, take your bearings as you leave your car, find out if you are heading north or south or whatever away from your car as you leave it. Go back in the opposite direction if you get lost. You will come out god knows where but if your car is parked on a road, at least you have a chance of happening back on the road as you return.

After you get lost: Your first priority is not to die from exposure. so carry a space blanket or two.
Next is Water. You have to boil any water you find. so you need a bic lighter and a big folded up wad of aluminum foil. You collect and boil the water in aluminum foil. You need to drink or your mental functioning will go out the window.

Whistle, carry a whistle with you it is much more effective for signaling than a flare or a strobe, get one of those fox 40 plastic whistles, or a storm whistle, they will carry for a mile. and they will last much longer than your voice.

Good Luck

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
While I agree with you, Robert about being prepared for being lost and exposure... I also agree with bringing something to keep your person safe. Like a few members here said - you just don't know what's out in the woods - anywhere. Perhaps a fifteen pound axe isn't a great idea - since it's so heavy it's a little slow to weild.

But ... c'mon man, Pawn seems excited about his adventure, there's no reason to rain on his parade.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
for some good info, and maybe some people to contact before you even venture out on your own, go to this site:

njdevilhunters.com...

lots of stuff to look at, and they just seem pretty genuine.

and regardless of anyone's personal doubts on the jersey devil, there are many strange things that can be found in wilderness areas juxtaposed within urban centers, and just the experience of exploring the wilderness in our own backyards can be a revelation to most.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
try to look near streams, these are the areas i heard it "haunts" most prominently last recorded sighting i could find was 2002

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I heard from a friend of mine that is from New Jersey that the best time to go to the Pine Barrins is on Halloween night.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boggychick
I heard from a friend of mine that is from New Jersey that the best time to go to the Pine Barrins is on Halloween night.
ok please dont get to freaky about it sure i belive in the jersey devil but holloween please now thats just little stuff that our parents made up to scare us
and for your search bring somekind of wepon so u can shoot it and put in your trunk j/k

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Personally, I think our own member NotTooHappy may have solved the mystery....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The side-by-side is simply too uncanny to ignore...

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Gazrok]

join