It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Al-Jazeera tv.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Whats the score with the west and it's views on Al-Jazeera?

I've been under the impression in the past that the Al-Jazeera news network is frowned upon by the west. Or am i wrong on that fact?

I only ask because i remember our goverments talking about destroying the Al-Jazeera news station at some point in the WOT. yet today i turn on my Sky tv and see they have added "Al-Jazeera English" to my news package.

CX.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
personally i think it is a good thing to hear world news from all sides (and not have to rely on a somewhat biased translated version). perhaps you will end up getting more accurate reporting over time from other stations because of this.

here is what the editor of 'bbc world' has to say about it (alongside other peoples comments)

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think that the west is very defensive when anyone challenges their "word". Every time someone has a differing view or oppinion, they are attacked on all fronts. This overt attack makes the opposition out to be the bad guy, and therefore they must be wrong.

I prefer to get my news from outside sources, and many of them. While I am sceptical of Al-Jazeera, I see it as the polar opposite of US media. They both operate under the same goal. The goal of advancing their "employers" visions and objectives. For the most part, they have exact opposite opinions.

These are just my thoughts, and I very well could be wrong.

CX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I totaly agree with both replies here.

I always take a look at AJ just as much as i do the western media networks. It can never do any harm to get everyones opinions.

CX.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Al-Jezeera news coverage has been the least biased reporting in the middle east for a long time. The Arab speaking world in not all moslem, and only a tiny fraction of a percent of arabs are terrorists. Arabs are of many different religions, including Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. Their cultures reflect a great deal of variety as well, ranging for the high-tech european-influenced cities to the nomadic bedouin shepherds. Al-Jezeera can not apeal to its wide and varied audience by promoting a political agenda. They strive to report the events and if the reporting of those events embarasses Isreal ot the US, they don't back down. They also report on the casualties fom insurgent attacks, and terrorist attack against arab people.

Find the DVD "The Control Room" and watch it. You may be surprised.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
Perhaps you will end up getting more accurate reporting over time from other stations because of this.

I doubt it. 1 (Arabic) network reports one thing, and the rest (American) networks report another. Who do you think the general American audience is going to believe. People are blind. (I'm no better
)

Originally posted by Ekilo
I think that the west is very defensive when anyone challenges their "word". Every time someone has a differing view or oppinion, they are attacked on all fronts. This overt attack makes the opposition out to be the bad guy, and therefore they must be wrong.

I completely agree with your statement.

Originally posted by niklaus
Find the DVD "The Control Room" and watch it. You may be surprised.

Will search for that DVD and the reviews right away. I always like to be surprised!

join