It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disused base in aus, heavily armed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
hey guys this is my first post. anyway on my way out to the country one day i drove past a dissused army/ air force base. i have known about it for a while and i knew it was dissused. i pulled over and went and walked its boundry. It had 4 gaurds at every gate. dogs patrolling the fences, and armed men in watch towers seems to be abit much for somthing thats ment to be dissused.anyone know anything about it. its out the back of perith way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fixed title

[edit on 12/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Tell me where Perith is.

And obviously, the base is not disused. Where did you find out the base was abandoned?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
where exactly? i am out at North Richmond at the moment and ill be going into penrith some time this week.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bringontheabsolution
hey guys this is my first post. anyway on my way out to the country one day i drove past a dissused army/ air force base. i have known about it for a while and i knew it was dissused. i pulled over and went and walked its boundry. It had 4 gaurds at every gate. dogs patrolling the fences, and armed men in watch towers seems to be abit much for somthing thats ment to be dissused.anyone know anything about it. its out the back of perith way.

Ok - what or where is Perith? I can only assume you mean Perth. You may be talking about one of many training bases out that way - or by the sounds of it a detention centre.

Any more information?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Perth is on the other side of the country compared to PENRITH

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Speaking of Perth and secret bases ( I know he meant Penrith too BTW ) wasn't there a huge "Echelon" base east of the city that was unlisted on any Public maps ? the reason I ask this is because the other day I remembered it and wondered its exact location so I can go for a looksee

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yeah? here in PErth.

that'd be kewl to see.

I know there's a German POW camp down near the damns n stuff... tis a museum now.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Agit8dChop

There is an Italian memorial on the North Side of Harvey in the south of Perth dedicated to all the Italian Interred during WW2. They alledgedly locked them all up because they wouldn't fight on the side of the Allies and the veterans were sick of them sleeping with the women in the town while the men were out fighting the Germans.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tis amazing eh, the most isolated city on the planet...

Go 1.5hrs south into the bush, into lil civilisation and there's POW Camps from WW2.

Perth really is the best city in the world, all be it limited.

Ahh... goood ol perth!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
hey guys sorry i did mean penrith at the bottom of the blue mountains in new south wales sorry for any confusion. anyway my pop served in ww2 and he told me they closed the base due to funding problems and recently i talked to a man in windsor and he told me it was to be subdevided and made into a housing estate. i went out to cheak it out before it was closed and found this very heavely armed base.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It is the Orchard Hills defence base in Guided Weapons and Explosive Ordnance.

www.penrithpress.com.au...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
thanks alot. im also wondering if anyone has some info on a base in musclebrook. i saw some odd activity their and theirs signs saying their using laser weapons would be intrested to know what they ment by that.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think you may mean one of several locations.

First the old ADI site in Penrith - it was to be totally subdivided and sold but opposition to it has forced a slight change in tact and only parts are being used for housing. Its located with one section running adjacent to the northern road.

Orchard Hills is not heavily defended as you describe nor is the old ADI site.

Another site i can think of is you may have come across the gaol just outside Windsor which does have watch towers and was a very old defence site.

Muswelbrook or actually Singleton has a huge infantry training area nearby in which all Australian infantry receive basic and advanced training, laser training weaponary is probably used here. Its used to simulate actual combat without using live rounds. Soldiers wear sensors and fire weapons with low power laser beams in them that will inform a victim if they have been hit or not by lights or sounds.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by dagebow]

join