It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag Burning on TV 11/16/06

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Acording to TNA wrestler Conan founder of the Latin American Xchange he will have a public flag burning of the american flag live on Spike tv show TNA wrestling Impact. their website is www.tnawrestling.com
ok I know wrestling is fake or pre-determined but you must agree if you burn a flag you cant fake it, there is actually a flag and fire it will light up and burn.
Can they actually air this on tv? It is sweeps week so they are trying to get ratings but this is crazy, maybe someone will stop them before they actually burn the flag. I think that it should not be aired on tv, maybe they will censor it somehow.
What do you think about this?
Well happy veterans day to you all

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, it's protected "speech," and it won't be the first time that a US flag has been desecrated on television.

Is this guy American?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
As with most 'wrestling' programs, it is obviously a publicity stunt.

My theory is that he will likely use a flag with 12 stripes, or 49 stars or something ridiculous like that to avoid actually burning an 'American' flag.

no harm
no foul

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is what I could find on the issue.

As soon as the bell rang LAX hit the ring, telling Williams he was an immigrant too. Konnan invited him to a flag burning they would hold next week. Hernandez brought a half mannequin dressed like Uncle Sam. Konnan said the American flag stood for racism and he was going to defecate all over it before burning it.

Hour two to air November 16th:

“Showtime” Eric Young and his entourage made their way in the venue as the pyro went off. It was followed by a shower of confetti that covered the entire building. Young said he wearing his suit lent to him by Uncle Leo. Young said he had an announcement for the fans but LAX interrupted him. Konnan was carrying an American flag on his shoulder as he ran down the immigration issues. He said he was going to deliver a message loud and clear to TNA and America. Before he got out the lighter AMW with Gail Kim, who fought with LAX and stopped the burning as security came out to join the incident. Guess Storm is ok and hell froze over as AMW got a huge ovation from the fans.

www.fhwrestling.com

I don't know if it was a publicity stunt or not, but it appears that it didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Konnan said the American flag stood for racism and he was going to defecate all over it before burning it.

"And then I'm going to superflex Sgt. Slaughter and put him in a sleeper hold"

Its wrestling. THey're not going ot burn an american flag. Americans tend to like their flag, and tend to like wrestling. This heel'll start to burn it or something, and then, at the last second, a good guy will come dashing out of the entrance and clobber him.
And the refs will be distracted at the critical moment too.

edit to add:
Ah, and apparently that is what happened. Sweet!

You've gotta love wrestling, I like to think that this is what the dionysiac festivals were like, when people first started putting on 'drama productions'. And notice that the heel is part of some group of anti-american US immigrants. In the past, we had "The Sheik", for a while the heels were "The NWO", etc etc. Its a reflection on society to a degree.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well it turns out that no flag was burned, petey willams a canadian who was invited to the flag burning actually stopped them by throwing away the torch and told them that LAX would have to burn it over his dead body, and then LAX beat petey down. Bonus Christy H. playboy covergirl was there with the cameraman to capture the moment, actually thats the whole reason for watching wrestling for me is the beautiful women in action. I am proud of myself that I have not purchased any pay-per-view events or dvd's or merchandise. Wrestling is just entertainment anyway.
I like to watch certain programs which have a formula: likeable characters in a ongoing evolving storyline that does not repeat, with funny situations and things you have not seen before. eg: Smallville, Inuyasha, Aqua Teen Hungerforce, Southpark, Family Guy, Simpsons, Stargate, etc..... I watch too much TV

top topics

join